What is involved in Architecting the Cloud
Find out what the related areas are that Architecting the Cloud connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Architecting the Cloud thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Architecting the Cloud journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Architecting the Cloud leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Architecting the Cloud related domains to cover and 63 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Architecting the Cloud, Cloud computing architecture, Cloud collaboration, Cloud computing, Cloud computing comparison, Cloud database, Cloud storage, Data as a service, International Standard Book Number, Low latency, Multi-tenancy, Platform as a service, Software-as-a-service, Software as a service, Tablet computer:
Architecting the Cloud Critical Criteria:
Review Architecting the Cloud governance and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Architecting the Cloud services.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Architecting the Cloud information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Architecting the Cloud values?
Cloud computing architecture Critical Criteria:
Confer over Cloud computing architecture engagements and ask what if.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Architecting the Cloud, including any consulting or professional services?
– Have you identified your Architecting the Cloud key performance indicators?
– What threat is Architecting the Cloud addressing?
Cloud collaboration Critical Criteria:
Canvass Cloud collaboration projects and work towards be a leading Cloud collaboration expert.
– What will drive Architecting the Cloud change?
– How do we maintain Architecting the Clouds Integrity?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Discuss Cloud computing outcomes and learn.
– Another critical success factor is that appropriate governance needs to be in place. That is, is an appropriate organizational structure in place to manage the organization facing the cloud computing solution?
– How will you exercise control over the data within the cloud to ensure that the data are available and that confidentiality and integrity of the data remain protected?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– What are some common barriers to exiting transitioning from a cloud computing service provider and how can they be addressed?
– For a customer-facing application, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase the number of customers accessing it?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Architecting the Cloud objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Change in technology and prices over time: what will billing units be like for the higher-level virtualization clouds?
– Have you considered that incident detection and response can be more complicated in a cloud-based environment?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– What are some cost cutting strategies for controlling cloud computing costs?
– Have you taken into account the vulnerabilities of the cloud solution?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– What defines a true cloud solution versus the quasi cloud?
– What are the security issues around cloud computing?
– What percent of the market will not use cloud?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– What are some cloud computing benchmarks?
– Defining terms: what is a cloud platform?
– What is a benefit of cloud computing?
Cloud computing comparison Critical Criteria:
Judge Cloud computing comparison risks and reduce Cloud computing comparison costs.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Architecting the Cloud is underway?
– Are there Architecting the Cloud problems defined?
Cloud database Critical Criteria:
Steer Cloud database adoptions and probe Cloud database strategic alliances.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Architecting the Cloud moving forward?
– Is Architecting the Cloud Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Cloud storage Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Cloud storage governance and sort Cloud storage activities.
– What are the key elements of your Architecting the Cloud performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– For cloud storage, are all data encrypted in storage and does the cloud vendor have an agreement with hopkins to preserve security and confidentiality?
– Do those selected for the Architecting the Cloud team have a good general understanding of what Architecting the Cloud is all about?
– Does cloud storage get affected during a natural disaster how can we ensure a secure disaster recovery for that?
– Does Architecting the Cloud analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are some good choices for HIPAA compliant cloud storage?
– What are the ramifications of cloud storage?
Data as a service Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Data as a service quality and probe the present value of growth of Data as a service.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Architecting the Cloud in a volatile global economy?
– What is our formula for success in Architecting the Cloud ?
International Standard Book Number Critical Criteria:
Frame International Standard Book Number risks and sort International Standard Book Number activities.
– Is maximizing Architecting the Cloud protection the same as minimizing Architecting the Cloud loss?
– What is the source of the strategies for Architecting the Cloud strengthening and reform?
– Do we all define Architecting the Cloud in the same way?
Low latency Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Low latency adoptions and find answers.
– How do we measure improved Architecting the Cloud service perception, and satisfaction?
– When a Architecting the Cloud manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Multi-tenancy Critical Criteria:
Learn from Multi-tenancy adoptions and learn.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Architecting the Cloud delivery for example is new software needed?
– Is Architecting the Cloud dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Is Architecting the Cloud Required?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Platform as a service issues and reduce Platform as a service costs.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Architecting the Cloud process?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Architecting the Cloud ?
Software-as-a-service Critical Criteria:
Investigate Software-as-a-service goals and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Architecting the Cloud project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Architecting the Cloud that make it risky?
– How do we manage Architecting the Cloud Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Would you consider any non software-as-a-service options?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Align Software as a service projects and find out what it really means.
– What are our needs in relation to Architecting the Cloud skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
Tablet computer Critical Criteria:
Focus on Tablet computer projects and optimize Tablet computer leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Architecting the Cloud agendas for the next 3 years?
– How will you know that the Architecting the Cloud project has been successful?
– Are accountability and ownership for Architecting the Cloud clearly defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Architecting the Cloud Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Architecting the Cloud External links:
Architecting the Cloud – Cloud Expo – Dovel Technologies
Cloud computing architecture External links:
[PDF]DOD Secure Cloud Computing Architecture
Cloud collaboration External links:
Cloud Collaboration Success Portal
BeSafe | Encrypted Cloud Collaboration
Collaboration For Revit | BIM Cloud Collaboration …
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – aws.amazon.com
Cloud computing comparison External links:
Cloudorado Launches New Cloud Computing Comparison Service
Cloud Computing Comparison | Matrixforce Orbit
Cloud database External links:
SQL Database – Cloud Database as a Service | Microsoft Azure
MongoDB Cloud Database Solutions | MongoDB
Cloud storage External links:
Cloud Storage – Online Data Storage | Google Cloud Platform
Gmail, Docs, Calendar, & Cloud Storage – G Suite
Degoo – 100 GB free cloud storage
Data as a service External links:
Data as a Service | Enterprise Data as a Service | Actifio
International Standard Book Number External links:
[PDF]International Standard Book Number: 0-942920-53-8
What is an ISBN (International Standard Book Number)?
International Standard Book Number – Quora
Low latency External links:
About Lightspeed | Ultra Low Latency Direct Market Access
Microwave market data at extreme low latency | Quincy Data
MusicianLink – Low Latency Internet Band Rehearsal
Multi-tenancy External links:
Best practices for cloud computing multi-tenancy – IBM
What is multi-tenancy? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Platform as a service External links:
Captain Up :: Engagement Platform as a Service
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Video Platform as a Service – Ziggeo
Software as a service External links:
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Vendor Management Software as a Service (SaaS) …
Software as a Service | Accenture
Tablet computer External links:
Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy View 32GB Android 18.4″ Wi-Fi Tablet Computer (Black): Electronics
Touchscreen Tablet Computer for Seniors
Samsung Galaxy Book: Windows Tablet Computer | …