What is involved in Connected Devices
Find out what the related areas are that Connected Devices connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Connected Devices thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Connected Devices journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Connected Devices leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Connected Devices related domains to cover and 60 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Connected Devices, Home automation, Indoor positioning system, Internet of Things, Mobile Internet device, Mobile device, Smart device, Smart environment, Smart grid, Wearable computers, Web of Things:
Connected Devices Critical Criteria:
Analyze Connected Devices tasks and find out what it really means.
– What are the key elements of your Connected Devices performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Even the most security-conscious sectors may be unprepared for the security impact that IoT connected devices can have. So what can we do to protect IoT solutions?
– For your Connected Devices project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Connected Devices strengthening and reform actually originate?
Home automation Critical Criteria:
Define Home automation failures and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Home automation.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Connected Devices in a volatile global economy?
– Do Connected Devices rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Does our organization need more Connected Devices education?
Indoor positioning system Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Indoor positioning system planning and devise Indoor positioning system key steps.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Connected Devices, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do we know that any Connected Devices analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How will you measure your Connected Devices effectiveness?
Internet of Things Critical Criteria:
Examine Internet of Things goals and grade techniques for implementing Internet of Things controls.
– As an example; there are all kinds of innovative new applications and devices that promise to enable the connected home and vehicle, smart city and lifestyle, but how do we define what is IoT and what is not?
– Does the internet of things need a scale-of-blame to help manage security incidents during the years until technology solves the security problem?
– What are the procedures which allow individuals the opportunity to seek access to or redress of their own information?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Connected Devices objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What type of training is required for users prior to receiving access to the information?
– What are our key showtoppers which will prevent or slow down IoT applications rise?
– Are our executives are aware of the transformational potential of the Internet of Things?
– Can the Contractor equipment be modified, and if so, by other Contractors?
– Does our system use roles to assign privileges to users of the system?
– What impacts on users, clients and the business must be planned for?
– How can we integrate emerging M2M solutions in available platforms?
– What is the expected growth in terms of time, magnitude, location?
– Has your organization established leadership for its IoT efforts?
– An Open Internet of Things What does this concept mean to you?
– What are the best examples of the Internet of things?
– Design for networking agnosticism: what is in a thing?
– Are you ready to be an Insurer of Things?
– Why is the information being collected?
– How can we drive IoT at every level?
– Is the IoT a reality?
Mobile Internet device Critical Criteria:
Consider Mobile Internet device leadership and innovate what needs to be done with Mobile Internet device.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Connected Devices Management?
– What are specific Connected Devices Rules to follow?
Mobile device Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Mobile device issues and arbitrate Mobile device techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Imagine you work in the Human Resources department of a company considering a policy to protect its data on employees mobile devices. in advising on this policy, what rights should be considered?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Connected Devices processes?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Connected Devices experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– Does the tool we use provide the ability for mobile devices to access critical portions of the management interface?
– Can your bi solution quickly locate dashboard on your mobile device?
– What are the business goals Connected Devices is aiming to achieve?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
Smart device Critical Criteria:
Sort Smart device leadership and point out improvements in Smart device.
– Does Connected Devices include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Connected Devices models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How can we improve Connected Devices?
Smart environment Critical Criteria:
Define Smart environment goals and remodel and develop an effective Smart environment strategy.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Connected Devices agendas for the next 3 years?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Connected Devices forward?
– How do we measure improved Connected Devices service perception, and satisfaction?
Smart grid Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Smart grid tactics and triple focus on important concepts of Smart grid relationship management.
– Does your organization perform vulnerability assessment activities as part of the acquisition cycle for products in each of the following areas: Cybersecurity, SCADA, smart grid, internet connectivity, and website hosting?
– Think about the functions involved in your Connected Devices project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Is the scope of Connected Devices defined?
Wearable computers Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Wearable computers issues and report on the economics of relationships managing Wearable computers and constraints.
– Why are Connected Devices skills important?
Web of Things Critical Criteria:
Shape Web of Things engagements and maintain Web of Things for success.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Connected Devices project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Do we prepare for the future where the internet will move significantly beyond relying on handheld devices and computer terminals towards a more massively integrated web of things?
– How do we Identify specific Connected Devices investment and emerging trends?
– Have all basic functions of Connected Devices been defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Connected Devices Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Connected Devices External links:
Crane Connect – The World of Connected Devices
Connected Devices – Verizon Wireless
Smart Locks | Connected Devices | Schlage
Home automation External links:
Midco – Internet, Cable TV, Home Phone & Home Automation
Home Automation and Smart Home Systems | Control4
Momentum Home Automation – Official Site
Indoor positioning system External links:
Indoor Positioning System – Safety Apps – 911Cellular
Senion | Indoor Positioning System | Indoor navigation
Teldio | IPS Indoor Positioning System for MOTOTRBO
Internet of Things External links:
How to invest in the Internet of Things | Fortune
Internet of Things Examples and Customer Stories | Microsoft
Internet of Things – Microsoft Internet of Things Blog
Mobile device External links:
DIRECTV App – Watch Streaming TV on Your Mobile Device
Set up a new mobile device | T-Mobile Support
Download Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 …
Smart device External links:
MEIDC Modern Emergency ID Card smart device app
RICOH Smart Device Print&Scan | Global | Ricoh
KidiBuzz is a hand-held smart device for kids | VTech
Smart environment External links:
What is Smart Environment | IGI Global
Bicks – Smart Environment – Events | Facebook
SSI Smart Environment – YouTube
Smart grid External links:
Smart Grid Security (eBook, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]TITLE XIII—SMART GRID
Smart grid. (Journal, magazine, 2011) [WorldCat.org]
Wearable computers External links:
Wearable Computers and Wearable Technology
Web of Things External links:
Social Web of Things II – YouTube
Web of Things at W3C
Web of Things Kit • Pi Supply