What is involved in Marketing analytics
Find out what the related areas are that Marketing analytics connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Marketing analytics thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Marketing analytics journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Marketing analytics leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Marketing analytics related domains to cover and 116 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Marketing analytics, Marketing performance measurement, Account-based marketing, Behavioral targeting, Brand ambassador, Brand licensing, Brand management, Corporate anniversary, Corporate identity, Corporate propaganda, Digital marketing, Direct marketing, Display advertising, Drip marketing, Loyalty marketing, Market segmentation, Marketing activation, Marketing automation, Marketing effectiveness, Marketing ethics, Marketing management, Marketing mix, Marketing operations, Marketing operations management, Marketing research, Marketing strategy, Media intelligence, Mobile advertising, Mobile marketing, Music on hold, Native advertising, New media, Online advertising, Out-of-home advertising, Performance management, Personal selling, Point of sale, Product demonstration, Product marketing, Product placement, Promotional merchandise, Sales promotion, Sex in advertising, Social marketing, Underwriting spot, Visual merchandising, Web banner, Word-of-mouth marketing:
Marketing analytics Critical Criteria:
Dissect Marketing analytics quality and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Marketing analytics information.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Marketing analytics processes of our organization?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Marketing analytics requirements in detail?
– Will Marketing analytics deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Marketing performance measurement Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Marketing performance measurement planning and finalize the present value of growth of Marketing performance measurement.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Marketing analytics. How do we gain traction?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Marketing analytics into the services that we provide?
– How to deal with Marketing analytics Changes?
Account-based marketing Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Account-based marketing governance and oversee Account-based marketing requirements.
– How do we Identify specific Marketing analytics investment and emerging trends?
– What are the barriers to increased Marketing analytics production?
– Why is Marketing analytics important for you now?
Behavioral targeting Critical Criteria:
Examine Behavioral targeting tasks and maintain Behavioral targeting for success.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Marketing analytics agendas for the next 3 years?
– To what extent does management recognize Marketing analytics as a tool to increase the results?
Brand ambassador Critical Criteria:
Define Brand ambassador leadership and triple focus on important concepts of Brand ambassador relationship management.
– Is maximizing Marketing analytics protection the same as minimizing Marketing analytics loss?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Marketing analytics?
Brand licensing Critical Criteria:
Frame Brand licensing engagements and separate what are the business goals Brand licensing is aiming to achieve.
– Is there a Marketing analytics Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Marketing analytics activities?
– What are internal and external Marketing analytics relations?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Brand management issues and catalog Brand management activities.
– For your Marketing analytics project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Marketing analytics effort?
– Which Marketing analytics goals are the most important?
Corporate anniversary Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Corporate anniversary quality and grade techniques for implementing Corporate anniversary controls.
– Which customers cant participate in our Marketing analytics domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Have you identified your Marketing analytics key performance indicators?
Corporate identity Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Corporate identity governance and define what do we need to start doing with Corporate identity.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Marketing analytics ?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Marketing analytics been identified and analyzed?
– What are the long-term Marketing analytics goals?
Corporate propaganda Critical Criteria:
Graph Corporate propaganda adoptions and point out improvements in Corporate propaganda.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Marketing analytics does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Among the Marketing analytics product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How to Secure Marketing analytics?
Digital marketing Critical Criteria:
Unify Digital marketing visions and work towards be a leading Digital marketing expert.
– What are the disruptive Marketing analytics technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do we measure improved Marketing analytics service perception, and satisfaction?
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– Do we have past Marketing analytics Successes?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Direct marketing strategies and catalog Direct marketing activities.
– Does Marketing analytics analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Are assumptions made in Marketing analytics stated explicitly?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
Examine Display advertising management and check on ways to get started with Display advertising.
– Does Marketing analytics include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– In what ways are Marketing analytics vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Drip marketing Critical Criteria:
Gauge Drip marketing outcomes and devote time assessing Drip marketing and its risk.
– Think of your Marketing analytics project. what are the main functions?
– What are the usability implications of Marketing analytics actions?
Loyalty marketing Critical Criteria:
Drive Loyalty marketing failures and transcribe Loyalty marketing as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are our needs in relation to Marketing analytics skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Mine Market segmentation failures and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Market segmentation decisions.
– Think about the people you identified for your Marketing analytics project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Will Marketing analytics have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
Marketing activation Critical Criteria:
Group Marketing activation results and assess and formulate effective operational and Marketing activation strategies.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Marketing analytics strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How likely is the current Marketing analytics plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How much does Marketing analytics help?
Marketing automation Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Marketing automation risks and secure Marketing automation creativity.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Marketing analytics? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What vendors make products that address the Marketing analytics needs?
– Why are Marketing analytics skills important?
Marketing effectiveness Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Marketing effectiveness visions and point out improvements in Marketing effectiveness.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Marketing analytics project?
– Who sets the Marketing analytics standards?
Marketing ethics Critical Criteria:
Deduce Marketing ethics leadership and perfect Marketing ethics conflict management.
– What is the source of the strategies for Marketing analytics strengthening and reform?
– When a Marketing analytics manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Marketing management Critical Criteria:
Map Marketing management goals and cater for concise Marketing management education.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Marketing analytics in a volatile global economy?
– Is Marketing analytics Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Is the scope of Marketing analytics defined?
Marketing mix Critical Criteria:
Add value to Marketing mix governance and create a map for yourself.
– Identify a product that has been successfully modified to meet changing consumer needs and, as a result, has avoided the decline stage. can we modify the market, the product, or the marketing mix?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Marketing analytics information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Marketing analytics is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Marketing analytics experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Discuss Marketing operations planning and grade techniques for implementing Marketing operations controls.
– Consider your own Marketing analytics project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Who needs to know about Marketing analytics ?
Marketing operations management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Marketing operations management tasks and probe the present value of growth of Marketing operations management.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Marketing analytics processes?
– How do we go about Comparing Marketing analytics approaches/solutions?
– Why should we adopt a Marketing analytics framework?
Marketing research Critical Criteria:
Depict Marketing research visions and oversee Marketing research management by competencies.
– Who will provide the final approval of Marketing analytics deliverables?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
Marketing strategy Critical Criteria:
Start Marketing strategy engagements and research ways can we become the Marketing strategy company that would put us out of business.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Marketing analytics project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How does our company use its web-site for Customer Service and / or customer relationship building?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep our products at the forefront?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep the product at the forefront?
– What is our Increasing importance of integrated marketing communications … why?
– What are the parts of a marketing strategy?
Media intelligence Critical Criteria:
Define Media intelligence risks and get answers.
– Does Marketing analytics appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Mobile advertising leadership and report on developing an effective Mobile advertising strategy.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Marketing analytics leader?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Marketing analytics objectives?
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Mobile marketing planning and learn.
Music on hold Critical Criteria:
Match Music on hold issues and track iterative Music on hold results.
– Are we Assessing Marketing analytics and Risk?
Native advertising Critical Criteria:
Examine Native advertising projects and remodel and develop an effective Native advertising strategy.
– what is the best design framework for Marketing analytics organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
New media Critical Criteria:
Analyze New media risks and create a map for yourself.
– How will you measure your Marketing analytics effectiveness?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Online advertising planning and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Online advertising.
– Can we do Marketing analytics without complex (expensive) analysis?
Out-of-home advertising Critical Criteria:
Investigate Out-of-home advertising tactics and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Out-of-home advertising projects.
– What business benefits will Marketing analytics goals deliver if achieved?
– What is our formula for success in Marketing analytics ?
Performance management Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Performance management engagements and display thorough understanding of the Performance management process.
– How do employee selection and development practices, as well as staff performance management, well-being, motivation, satisfaction, and compensation, contribute to the growth of the organization?
– Is the Marketing analytics organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What does good Customer Service actually mean?
– How can the value of Marketing analytics be defined?
– Are there recognized Marketing analytics problems?
Personal selling Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Personal selling issues and arbitrate Personal selling techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
– How can skill-level changes improve Marketing analytics?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Systematize Point of sale strategies and handle a jump-start course to Point of sale.
– What are our Marketing analytics Processes?
Product demonstration Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Product demonstration issues and find the essential reading for Product demonstration researchers.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Marketing analytics with what users do day-to-day?
Product marketing Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Product marketing adoptions and perfect Product marketing conflict management.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Marketing analytics models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Product placement Critical Criteria:
Rank Product placement governance and gather practices for scaling Product placement.
– Does Marketing analytics systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How can we improve Marketing analytics?
Promotional merchandise Critical Criteria:
Read up on Promotional merchandise goals and report on developing an effective Promotional merchandise strategy.
– Do we all define Marketing analytics in the same way?
– How do we keep improving Marketing analytics?
Sales promotion Critical Criteria:
Confer over Sales promotion planning and adjust implementation of Sales promotion.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Marketing analytics study?
Sex in advertising Critical Criteria:
Consider Sex in advertising governance and adjust implementation of Sex in advertising.
Social marketing Critical Criteria:
Grasp Social marketing tasks and devise Social marketing key steps.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Marketing analytics process?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Marketing analytics Management?
Underwriting spot Critical Criteria:
Explore Underwriting spot issues and ask what if.
– Do those selected for the Marketing analytics team have a good general understanding of what Marketing analytics is all about?
– What is our Marketing analytics Strategy?
Visual merchandising Critical Criteria:
Jump start Visual merchandising governance and describe which business rules are needed as Visual merchandising interface.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Marketing analytics move?
Web banner Critical Criteria:
Nurse Web banner quality and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Web banner projects.
– How can you negotiate Marketing analytics successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Word-of-mouth marketing Critical Criteria:
Look at Word-of-mouth marketing governance and oversee Word-of-mouth marketing requirements.
– How important is Marketing analytics to the user organizations mission?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Marketing analytics Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Marketing analytics External links:
MARKETING ANALYTICS CONFERENCE | Top-to …
Marketing Analytics Client Login – Nielsen
Marketing Analytics – WordStream
Marketing performance measurement External links:
Full Circle Insights | Marketing Performance Measurement
Account-based marketing External links:
Account-Based Marketing – An Overview & Resources
Behavioral targeting External links:
What is Behavioral Targeting? – TubeMogul
What is Behavioral Targeting? – Define Behavioral Targeting
What is Behavioral Targeting? – Define Behavioral Targeting
Brand ambassador External links:
Brand Ambassador Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Brand Ambassador, Event Staffing & Promo Model Jobs | HYPE
Brand Ambassador and Campus Rep Programs
Brand licensing External links:
Brand Licensing | Meredith
The 10 Most Common Brand Licensing Mistakes
Brand Licensing | Whirlpool Corporation
Brand management External links:
BMP – Brand Management Professionals
Corporate anniversary External links:
Personalized Corporate Anniversary Gifts – Memorable Gifts
Corporate Anniversary Gifts – The History Factory
20 Year Corporate Anniversary Gifts for Employees
Corporate identity External links:
[PPT]Corporate Identity – Mark Tittley
Corporate Identity Japan – AbeBooks
Corporate Identity, Inc Promotional Products
Digital marketing External links:
OMG National – Digital Marketing Agency, On Hold …
Conversant | The Leader in Personalized Digital Marketing
Seattle – Digital Marketing Conference | April 17-18, 2018
Direct marketing External links:
Direct Marketing – Investopedia
Direct Mail Company | Direct Marketing Company
Boomerang Direct Marketing – Home
Display advertising External links:
AdRight | Mobile and Display Advertising Network
About SteelHouse | Digital Marketing & Display Advertising
Display Advertising Experts | Adtegrity
Drip marketing External links:
3 Principals For Successful Drip Marketing Campaigns
Drip 365 – Email Drip Marketing
drip marketing – Tenstreet
Loyalty marketing External links:
COLLOQUY | Loyalty Marketing & CX
Welcome to Fiserv Card Loyalty Marketing
Clutch Loyalty Marketing | Solutions & Strategy
Market segmentation External links:
Market Segmentation – Investopedia
Examples of Market Segmentation | Chron.com
Define Market Segmentation & Targeting | Chron.com
Marketing activation External links:
Clash Of Clans – Experiential Marketing Activation by BeCore
Marketing Activation – Loyaltic
Marketing automation External links:
Pardot B2B Marketing Automation by Salesforce
Marketing Automation & Customer Journey Software | …
Best-in-Class Marketing Automation Software – Marketo
Marketing effectiveness External links:
Marketing Effectiveness Consultants | IllinoisJobLink.com
Marketing Analytics Consulting | Marketing Effectiveness
Marketing ethics External links:
[PDF]Marketing Ethics – Cengage
Marketing management External links:
MC Marketing Management – Real-World Marketing for …
lendahandyu – Media Marketing Management
Marketing operations External links:
What is Marketing Operations? | Centric
Aprimo Marketing Operations
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
Marketing research External links:
Mars Research – Marketing Research Services
Digital Marketing Research and Insights | Gartner
Baltimore Research | Marketing Research
Marketing strategy External links:
IMPACT: Inbound Marketing Strategy, Advice, and Agency
Marketing Strategy Director | Habitat for Humanity
Media intelligence External links:
FIBEP World Media Intelligence Congress
Media Analysis & Media Data: Media Intelligence Center | AAM
Infegy: Social Media Intelligence and Text Analysis Solutions
Mobile advertising External links:
Propel Media | Video, Display and Mobile Advertising
Mobvious – the mobile advertising solution
Cable TV Advertising, Online and Mobile Advertising | …
Mobile marketing External links:
1Q | Instant Mobile Marketing / Market Research
3C | Mobile Marketing Solutions & Services
The Mobile Marketing Platform Built for Engagement | …
Music on hold External links:
Music On Hold – FusionPBX
Music on Hold | Cox Communications
Music On Hold – FREE download Music On Hold
Native advertising External links:
MGID: Native Advertising Marketplace
Content Ignite – Native Advertising Solutions
What is Native Advertising? – Small Business Trends
New media External links:
New media (Book, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
New media (Book, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Share this Rating. Title: New Media (2010) 7.8 /10. Want to share IMDb’s rating on your own site? Use the HTML below.
Online advertising External links:
Brand Safety with Online Advertising | Integral Ad Science
Online Advertising Marketplace | AdClerks
Performance management External links:
Employee Engagement & Performance Management …
OneStream Software | | Corporate Performance Management
Engagedly – Performance Management Software & …
Personal selling External links:
The Importance of Personal Selling | Chron.com
Personal Selling & Merchandising | tutor2u Business
Personal Selling – Encyclopedia – Business Terms | Inc.com
Point of sale External links:
POS System – Point of Sale for iPad and iPhone | SalesVu
Point of Sale Software & Solutions | NCR Counterpoint
ParTech – POS Systems | Restaurant Point of Sale Solutions
Product demonstration External links:
AliMed Product Demonstration Videos
TickerTech.com – Product Demonstration Site
Product Demonstration Videos | Kolbe Windows & Doors
Product marketing External links:
Product Marketing tips and strategies from Launch Grow Joy
Product placement External links:
Product Placement: Reese’s Pieces on E.T. – YouTube
For Product Placement Marketing, It’s All About the Moolah
13 Classic Examples of Product Placement – HubSpot Blog
Promotional merchandise External links:
Promotional Merchandise | Socks | Headbands | Wristbands
Promotional Merchandise Company | Devon Logo Mat Line
Sales promotion External links:
Marketing – Sales promotion | business | Britannica.com
9 Sales Promotion Examples | ThriveHive
Sales Promotion – Marketing Teacher
Sex in advertising External links:
Does sex in advertising actually work? – Brooks Bell
Sex in Advertising | AdAge Encyclopedia of Advertising – AdAge
Funny Jokes | Sex in Advertising Joke | Comedy Central
Social marketing External links:
SEO Company, Experts in Paid Media, PR & Social Marketing
USF Social Marketing Conference – Official Site
Real Estate Social Marketing| Shareable Social
Underwriting spot External links:
Underwriting spot – WOW.com
Underwriting spot – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Underwriting spot – Revolvy
Visual merchandising External links:
Visual Merchandising & Display Flashcards | Quizlet
Store Fixtures | Retail Displays for Visual Merchandising
Web banner External links:
NCMA web banner Certified SRW Installer 600×300 (1)
Picnic Web Banner | Website Banners – ShareFaith
Logo and web banner | womenshealth.gov
Word-of-mouth marketing External links:
Measuring Offline Vs. Online Word-of-Mouth Marketing