What is involved in Systems science
Find out what the related areas are that Systems science connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Systems science thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Systems science journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Systems science leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Systems science related domains to cover and 152 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Systems science, Glossary of engineering, Glossary of mechanical engineering, Mathematical statistics, Planetary system, Urban planning, Niklas Luhmann, Mihajlo D. Mesarovic, Signal processing, Soil biology, Synthetic biology, Mathematical system theory, Solid-state chemistry, Edsger W. Dijkstra, Glossary of calculus, Food chemistry, Autonomous Agency Theory, Nonlinear system, Systems research, C. West Churchman, Systems architecture, Funding of science, Neural engineering, Control system, Analytical chemistry, Glossary of architecture, Genetic engineering, Systems immunology, Control engineering, Analytical mechanics, Chaos theory, Library science, General relativity, Systems geology, Glossary of clinical research, Living systems theory, Citizen science, Glossary of botanical terms, Social system, Computer science, System development methodology, Theoretical chemistry, Physical chemistry, Dynamical system, Science studies, Qian Xuesen, Glossary of probability and statistics, Glossary of machine vision, Evolutionary psychology, Nuclear engineering, Urban metabolism, Soft systems methodology, Systems engineering, Dynamical systems, Outline of health sciences, Computational physics:
Systems science Critical Criteria:
Canvass Systems science tasks and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Systems science services.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Systems science is underway?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Systems science project?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Systems science effort?
Glossary of engineering Critical Criteria:
Discuss Glossary of engineering tasks and prioritize challenges of Glossary of engineering.
– Do we monitor the Systems science decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How do we Identify specific Systems science investment and emerging trends?
– How do we manage Systems science Knowledge Management (KM)?
Glossary of mechanical engineering Critical Criteria:
Apply Glossary of mechanical engineering decisions and arbitrate Glossary of mechanical engineering techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are the disruptive Systems science technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What is the source of the strategies for Systems science strengthening and reform?
– How to Secure Systems science?
Mathematical statistics Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Mathematical statistics visions and probe Mathematical statistics strategic alliances.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Systems science processes?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Systems science objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Why is Systems science important for you now?
Planetary system Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Planetary system strategies and pioneer acquisition of Planetary system systems.
– How can you negotiate Systems science successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What is the purpose of Systems science in relation to the mission?
– Is Systems science Required?
Urban planning Critical Criteria:
Drive Urban planning outcomes and explore and align the progress in Urban planning.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Systems science project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Systems science project lifecycle?
– Is Systems science dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Have all basic functions of Systems science been defined?
Niklas Luhmann Critical Criteria:
Nurse Niklas Luhmann strategies and gather Niklas Luhmann models .
– Which Systems science goals are the most important?
– What is our Systems science Strategy?
Mihajlo D. Mesarovic Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Mihajlo D. Mesarovic planning and find out.
– How do we know that any Systems science analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Signal processing Critical Criteria:
Examine Signal processing results and get out your magnifying glass.
– Do the Systems science decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Have you identified your Systems science key performance indicators?
Soil biology Critical Criteria:
Rank Soil biology results and pay attention to the small things.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Systems science project?
– Who needs to know about Systems science ?
Synthetic biology Critical Criteria:
Check Synthetic biology results and assess and formulate effective operational and Synthetic biology strategies.
– Among the Systems science product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Systems science study?
– What are all of our Systems science domains and what do they do?
Mathematical system theory Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Mathematical system theory risks and learn.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Systems science process?
– What vendors make products that address the Systems science needs?
Solid-state chemistry Critical Criteria:
Apply Solid-state chemistry tasks and check on ways to get started with Solid-state chemistry.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Systems science? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Why should we adopt a Systems science framework?
Edsger W. Dijkstra Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Edsger W. Dijkstra decisions and look for lots of ideas.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Systems science strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Systems science requirements in detail?
– Do Systems science rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Glossary of calculus Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Glossary of calculus visions and find out what it really means.
– Does Systems science analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Does the Systems science task fit the clients priorities?
Food chemistry Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Food chemistry results and attract Food chemistry skills.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Systems science process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Systems science process available?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Systems science workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Autonomous Agency Theory Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Autonomous Agency Theory adoptions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Autonomous Agency Theory projects.
– Is Supporting Systems science documentation required?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Systems science Management?
– What is Effective Systems science?
Nonlinear system Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Nonlinear system management and devise Nonlinear system key steps.
– Which customers cant participate in our Systems science domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Systems research Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Systems research adoptions and check on ways to get started with Systems research.
– How can you measure Systems science in a systematic way?
C. West Churchman Critical Criteria:
X-ray C. West Churchman tactics and correct better engagement with C. West Churchman results.
– When a Systems science manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are assumptions made in Systems science stated explicitly?
Systems architecture Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Systems architecture strategies and find out.
– Does Systems science appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How can skill-level changes improve Systems science?
Funding of science Critical Criteria:
Consider Funding of science governance and describe which business rules are needed as Funding of science interface.
– Does Systems science create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do we Lead with Systems science in Mind?
Neural engineering Critical Criteria:
Check Neural engineering governance and check on ways to get started with Neural engineering.
– What threat is Systems science addressing?
Control system Critical Criteria:
Map Control system planning and prioritize challenges of Control system.
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Systems science process?
– How can you experiment with a complex change and benefit from the version control system without making the change public?
– In what ways are Systems science vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is Cybersecurity integrated between business systems and control systems?
– What is a Management Control System?
– What is your quality control system?
Analytical chemistry Critical Criteria:
Meet over Analytical chemistry failures and maintain Analytical chemistry for success.
– Is there any existing Systems science governance structure?
Glossary of architecture Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Glossary of architecture goals and mentor Glossary of architecture customer orientation.
– Does Systems science include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Is there a Systems science Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Genetic engineering Critical Criteria:
Investigate Genetic engineering results and probe Genetic engineering strategic alliances.
– Does Systems science analysis show the relationships among important Systems science factors?
Systems immunology Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Systems immunology planning and probe Systems immunology strategic alliances.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Systems science project manager?
– Think of your Systems science project. what are the main functions?
Control engineering Critical Criteria:
Talk about Control engineering visions and define what do we need to start doing with Control engineering.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Systems science. How do we gain traction?
– What are our needs in relation to Systems science skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What about Systems science Analysis of results?
Analytical mechanics Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Analytical mechanics results and forecast involvement of future Analytical mechanics projects in development.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Systems science information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Do we have past Systems science Successes?
Chaos theory Critical Criteria:
Grade Chaos theory outcomes and explore and align the progress in Chaos theory.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Systems science moving forward?
– How do we go about Securing Systems science?
Library science Critical Criteria:
Categorize Library science tactics and reduce Library science costs.
– Are there Systems science problems defined?
General relativity Critical Criteria:
Interpolate General relativity adoptions and question.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Systems science?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Systems science ?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Systems science processes?
Systems geology Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Systems geology tactics and forecast involvement of future Systems geology projects in development.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Systems science products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Glossary of clinical research Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Glossary of clinical research quality and check on ways to get started with Glossary of clinical research.
– Think about the people you identified for your Systems science project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How likely is the current Systems science plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Living systems theory Critical Criteria:
Unify Living systems theory visions and ask what if.
– What are specific Systems science Rules to follow?
Citizen science Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Citizen science strategies and forecast involvement of future Citizen science projects in development.
– what is the best design framework for Systems science organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Are there recognized Systems science problems?
Glossary of botanical terms Critical Criteria:
Guard Glossary of botanical terms engagements and interpret which customers can’t participate in Glossary of botanical terms because they lack skills.
– How can the value of Systems science be defined?
– How do we maintain Systems sciences Integrity?
Social system Critical Criteria:
Detail Social system goals and forecast involvement of future Social system projects in development.
– In a project to restructure Systems science outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How important is Systems science to the user organizations mission?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Read up on Computer science issues and research ways can we become the Computer science company that would put us out of business.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Systems science goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
System development methodology Critical Criteria:
Focus on System development methodology projects and be persistent.
– How do we measure improved Systems science service perception, and satisfaction?
Theoretical chemistry Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Theoretical chemistry governance and correct better engagement with Theoretical chemistry results.
– What are the business goals Systems science is aiming to achieve?
– How is the value delivered by Systems science being measured?
Physical chemistry Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Physical chemistry issues and define what our big hairy audacious Physical chemistry goal is.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Systems science?
Dynamical system Critical Criteria:
Define Dynamical system results and look at it backwards.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Systems science forward?
– What are the short and long-term Systems science goals?
Science studies Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Science studies engagements and find out.
– What are the usability implications of Systems science actions?
Qian Xuesen Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Qian Xuesen tasks and change contexts.
– What are internal and external Systems science relations?
Glossary of probability and statistics Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Glossary of probability and statistics decisions and create Glossary of probability and statistics explanations for all managers.
Glossary of machine vision Critical Criteria:
Debate over Glossary of machine vision governance and arbitrate Glossary of machine vision techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
Evolutionary psychology Critical Criteria:
Adapt Evolutionary psychology outcomes and achieve a single Evolutionary psychology view and bringing data together.
– How do we Improve Systems science service perception, and satisfaction?
– How would one define Systems science leadership?
Nuclear engineering Critical Criteria:
Understand Nuclear engineering goals and know what your objective is.
Urban metabolism Critical Criteria:
Steer Urban metabolism management and document what potential Urban metabolism megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Systems science?
Soft systems methodology Critical Criteria:
Mix Soft systems methodology planning and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Soft systems methodology projects.
– Does Systems science systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Systems engineering goals and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Systems engineering projects.
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– What is the plan to align prime contractors systems engineering management plan (semp) with the Program Management office (pmo) sep?
– Is sufficient schedule time allocated to allow for dependencies on commercial off-the-shelf cots product deliveries?
– What will take the place of magnitude in our attempts to discern a power-law relationship?
– How are you going to know that the system is performing correctly once it is operational?
– What will happen if there is a loss of key staff or contractor personnel?
– Is the funding for the project secure, or is only part of it in place?
– What are the elements and the high-level capabilities of the system?
– Why has systems engineering emerged as a distinct discipline?
– What is the sequence of activities that will be performed?
– Are the requirements mapped to one or more user needs?
– Who are the stakeholders involved with the system?
– What policies are currently being implemented?
– How well should the system perform?
– How much architecting is enough?
– Deliver interim releases?
– Right implementation?
Dynamical systems Critical Criteria:
Mix Dynamical systems quality and triple focus on important concepts of Dynamical systems relationship management.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Systems science in a volatile global economy?
– Is a Systems science Team Work effort in place?
Outline of health sciences Critical Criteria:
Refer to Outline of health sciences outcomes and adjust implementation of Outline of health sciences.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Systems science?
– How to deal with Systems science Changes?
– Is the scope of Systems science defined?
Computational physics Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Computational physics outcomes and finalize the present value of growth of Computational physics.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Systems science, including any consulting or professional services?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Systems science Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Systems science External links:
Systems science. Systems science is an interdisciplinary field that studies the nature of complex systems in nature, society, and science itself. It aims to develop interdisciplinary foundations that are applicable in a variety of areas, such as engineering, biology, medicine, and social sciences.
Systems Science and Obesity | Coursera
Department of Coastal & Marine Systems Science
Glossary of engineering External links:
Glossary of Engineering Terms | Maverick Technologies
[PDF]Appendix E Glossary of Engineering Terms
Glossary of Engineering Disciplines – The American …
Mathematical statistics External links:
[PDF]PROBABILITY AND MATHEMATICAL STATISTICS
Amazon.com: Mathematical Statistics with Applications (9780495110811): Dennis Wackerly, William Mendenhall, Richard L. Scheaffer: Books
Planetary system External links:
APOD: 2017 December 18 – The Kepler 90 Planetary System
CH. 7 Our Planetary System Flashcards | Quizlet
INTERSTELLAR PLANETARY SYSTEM VS EARTH SIZE …
Urban planning External links:
Urban Planning Department – UCLA Luskin
City Beautiful movement | urban planning | Britannica.com
Master of Urban Planning | NYU Wagner
Niklas Luhmann External links:
Teoría de Sistemas por Niklas Luhmann – YouTube
Niklas Luhmann (@niklasluhmann) | Twitter
Mihajlo D. Mesarovic External links:
Mankind at the Turning Point: The Second Report to the Club of Rome [Mihajlo D. Mesarovic] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. Calls attention to …
Mihajlo D. Mesarovic – Author | Facebook
Mihajlo D. Mesarovic – YouTube
Soil biology External links:
Soil Biology and Biochemistry – ScienceDirect.com
[PDF]Land Management and Soil Biology – Home | NRCS
Soil Biology Primer | Soil and Water Conservation Society
Synthetic biology External links:
Synthetic biology DNA products
Keung Lab – Synthetic Biology and Cellular Engineering
2017 Synthetic Biology: Engineering, Evolution & Design …
Mathematical system theory External links:
Topics in mathematical system theory – IEEE Xplore …
Solid-state chemistry External links:
Solid-State Chemistry – Science Exchange
Edsger W. Dijkstra External links:
Edsger W. Dijkstra (Author of A Discipline of Programming)
Edsger W. Dijkstra • IEEE Computer Society
A Guide to the Edsger W. Dijkstra Papers, 1948-2002
Glossary of calculus External links:
Glossary of calculus – update.revolvy.com
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Glossary of calculus
Food chemistry External links:
Compound Interest – Food Chemistry – The Maillard Reaction
Food Chemistry Experiments – The Science Company
Test for starch | Food chemistry | Chemistry – YouTube
Autonomous Agency Theory External links:
Autonomous agency theory – Revolvy
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Autonomous agency theory
Autonomous agency theory – WOW.com
Systems research External links:
MIT Center for Information Systems Research – Official Site
Integrated Cropping Systems Research : USDA ARS
C. West Churchman External links:
C. West Churchman – YouTube
C. West Churchman: Champion of the Systems Approach …
The Systems Approach by C. West Churchman – Goodreads
Systems architecture External links:
Systems Architecture Ch 11/13 Flashcards | Quizlet
The US Navy — Fact File: Open Systems Architecture (OSA)
Systems Architecture, 7th Edition – Cengage
Neural engineering External links:
Peripheral Neural Engineering and Urodynamics Lab – …
Neural Engineering System Design (NESD)
[PDF]Neural Engineering System Design Proposed Team …
Control system External links:
EPICS – Experimental Physics and Industrial Control System
Analytical chemistry External links:
CAES: Analytical Chemistry
Shimadzu Center For Advanced Analytical Chemistry – …
Glossary of architecture External links:
A Glossary of architecture – Internet Archive
Appendix:Glossary of architecture – Wiktionary
Genetic engineering External links:
Sustainable Table | Genetic Engineering
Genetic Engineering | Definition of Genetic Engineering …
Risks of Genetic Engineering
Systems immunology External links:
FOCIS – Systems Immunology Course
Systems Immunology – GH-VAP
Systems Immunology Workshop 2017 | CCTST
Control engineering External links:
News & Articles about Process Control Engineering Technology
Home – Institute of Noise Control Engineering
Analytical mechanics External links:
Analytical mechanics (Book, 2005) [WorldCat.org]
Analytical Mechanics by Grant R. Fowles – Goodreads
Analytical Mechanics – University of Denver
Chaos theory External links:
What is Chaos Theory? – Fractal Foundation
Chaos Theory – Achievement – World of Warcraft
“Community” Remedial Chaos Theory (TV Episode 2011) – IMDb
Library science External links:
UNC School of Information and Library Science | sils.unc.edu
Master of Library Science – Sam Houston State University
Master of Library Science Degree (MLS) – TWU Home
General relativity External links:
General relativity (Book, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
General Relativity and Quantum Cosmology …
Lectures General Relativity – AbeBooks
Systems geology External links:
Earth Systems Geology: Ch. 4 Flashcards | Quizlet
Glossary of clinical research External links:
Glossary of Clinical Research Terms
Living systems theory External links:
Living Systems Theory – YouTube
General Living Systems Theory | SpringerLink
[PDF]Applications of Living Systems Theory – NASA
Citizen science External links:
Session descriptions | Citizen Science @ UMN
citizen science | Fort Collins Science Center
Citizen Science | ScienceAtHome
Glossary of botanical terms External links:
A Glossary Of Botanical Terms – Internet Archive
Glossary of Botanical Terms | Publications | SRS
Glossary of botanical terms (eBook, 1999) [WorldCat.org]
Social system External links:
Social System – Merriam-Webster
Patriarchy | social system | Britannica.com
Computer science External links:
Computer Science and Engineering
BYU Computer Science
TEALS – Computer Science in Every High School
System development methodology External links:
[PDF]SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT METHODOLOGY (SDM) – …
System Development Methodology – How is System …
What is system development methodology? – Quora
Theoretical chemistry External links:
Assistant Professor in Theoretical Chemistry-Department …
Physical and Theoretical Chemistry – Chemistry LibreTexts
Physical chemistry External links:
The Journal of Physical Chemistry C (ACS Publications)
Dynamical system External links:
Dynamical System Ideas in Applications Seminar Series
Dynamical system legal definition of dynamical system
Mod-01 Lec-02 Critical points of a dynamical system – …
Science studies External links:
Science Studies | Grad Apply
5 Sports Science Studies That “Failed” | Outside Online
Welcome to Science Studies
Qian Xuesen External links:
Qian Xuesen’s Birthday – Google
钱学森 Qian XueSen （T.S Tsien) – Home | Facebook
The Two Lives of Qian Xuesen | The New Yorker
Glossary of probability and statistics External links:
Glossary of probability and statistics terms – statlect.com
Glossary of machine vision External links:
Glossary of Machine Vision Terms
Glossary of machine vision – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Glossary of machine vision
Appendix:Glossary of machine vision – Wiktionary
Evolutionary psychology External links:
Evolutionary Psychology Interdisciplinary Conferences …
The evolutionary psychology behind mass shootings – CNN
Nuclear engineering External links:
Department of Physics and Nuclear Engineering – Home
Department of Nuclear Engineering | College of Engineering
Nuclear Engineering and Radiological Sciences – NERS
Urban metabolism External links:
urban metabolism :: Publications
Metabolism of Cities: Urban Metabolism Research …
Sustainable Urban Metabolism | The MIT Press
Soft systems methodology External links:
[PDF]Soft Systems Methodology and Problem Framing: …
Soft Systems Methodology – University of Florida
Soft Systems Methodology by Brian Wilson – Goodreads
Systems engineering External links:
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
DoD Systems Engineering – Guidance & Tools
Industrial & Systems Engineering | College of Engineering
Dynamical systems External links:
Dynamical systems theory Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]Modeling in Discrete Dynamical Systems – usma.edu
https://www.usma.edu/math/Military Math Modeling/ma103model.pdf
Dynamical Systems and Controls – USC Viterbi | …
Computational physics External links:
Computational Physics | UTSA Department of Physics & …
Laboratories for Computational Physics & Fluid Dynamics
Governor’s School for Computational Physics