What is involved in Dynamics CRM
Find out what the related areas are that Dynamics CRM connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Dynamics CRM thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Microsoft Dynamics CRM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Microsoft Dynamics CRM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Dynamics CRM related domains to cover and 182 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, .NET Framework, Active Directory, Certified for Microsoft Dynamics, Client Access License, Cloud computing, Customer relationship management, Dynamics 365, Google Chrome, Independent software vendor, Internet Explorer, Internet Information Services, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics C5, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Microsoft Office Communicator, Microsoft Online Services, Operating system, Oracle Corporation, SQL Server Reporting Services, SharePoint 2010, Siebel Systems, Software categories, Software developer, Software license, Software release life cycle, Web service, Windows Live Messenger, Windows Server 2012:
Dynamics CRM Critical Criteria:
Focus on Dynamics CRM risks and gather practices for scaling Dynamics CRM.
– How many training hours are included within the standard support and maintenance agreement and how is that training delivered (e.g., at the vendors location, onsite at the customers location, via the web)?
– Am I making the right decisions related to balancing acquisition, cross-selling and upselling and for the right customer groups?
– You may want to forge more relationships with affluent customers, but do they want them with you?
– Which of my customers have the potential for a high-profit, sustainable relationship?
– Do you have the capability to measure cost per lead or cost per acquisition?
– Does the average call time provided include both inbound and outbound calls?
– Have you integrated your call center telephony to your crm application?
– What do you consider a short call and what is the threshold in seconds?
– CRM Effectiveness Measures: How Well do You Know Your Customers?
– How is the emergence of new CRM solutions offered factored in?
– Is there an incentive for visitors/customers to register?
– How can mobile users access services transparently?
– How do I get CRM right in a slowing economy?
– What should we do about motivation theory?
– What Type of Information May be Released?
– How much e-mail should be routed?
– What is the client software?
– Why Multi-Channel CRM?
– Who Are Our Customers?
– Why CRM?
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Microsoft Dynamics CRM tactics and report on developing an effective Microsoft Dynamics CRM strategy.
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– How do you enhance existing cache management techniques for context-dependent data?
– Can you make product suggestions based on the customers order or purchase history?
– Is the difference between calls offered and calls answered abandoned calls?
– Are the application host process shut-down options acceptable?
– How do you improve CRM use compliance with your sales team?
– What are the necessary steps to evaluate a CRM solution?
– Does Customer Knowledge Affect How Loyalty Is Formed?
– How much data is the right amount of data to collect?
– Is the Outlook synchronization subscription valid?
– Do you have any monthly volumes of Outbound Calls?
– Is the user a member of an existing organization?
– Can the current CRM track calls by call type?
– Is the e-mail tagging performance acceptable?
– Is the metadata cache size acceptable?
– How does CRM relate to CCM?
– What happens to workflows?
– Does it pay to be green?
– Who are my customers?
– When do they buy?
.NET Framework Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate .NET Framework risks and display thorough understanding of the .NET Framework process.
– Consider your own Dynamics CRM project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Dynamics CRM moving forward?
– How important is Dynamics CRM to the user organizations mission?
Active Directory Critical Criteria:
Design Active Directory leadership and proactively manage Active Directory risks.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Dynamics CRM process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Dynamics CRM process available?
– Does the tool in use have the ability to integrate with Active Directory or sync directory on a scheduled basis, or do look-ups within a multi-domain forest in the sub-100-millisecond range?
– Does the tool we use have the ability to integrate with Enterprise Active Directory Servers to determine users and build user, role, and business unit policies?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Dynamics CRM experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– If we integrate an external product with active directory, will it require that we modify our ad schema?
– Does Dynamics CRM analysis show the relationships among important Dynamics CRM factors?
– Provide the ability to synchronize active directory with cloud-based endpoints?
– What is the process of adding users and deleting users from Active Directory?
– What happens if a user changes their password natively in active directory?
– Enable unix and linux authentication from active directory?
– Does your software integrate with active directory?
Certified for Microsoft Dynamics Critical Criteria:
Add value to Certified for Microsoft Dynamics management and assess and formulate effective operational and Certified for Microsoft Dynamics strategies.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Dynamics CRM project?
– Do Dynamics CRM rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How can we improve Dynamics CRM?
Client Access License Critical Criteria:
Frame Client Access License engagements and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Client Access License projects.
– When a Dynamics CRM manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are the usability implications of Dynamics CRM actions?
– What are specific Dynamics CRM Rules to follow?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Shape Cloud computing outcomes and drive action.
– Have you considered what measures you will need to implement to ensure that the cloud provider complies with all applicable federal, state, and local privacy laws, including ferpa?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– What are some common barriers to exiting transitioning from a cloud computing service provider and how can they be addressed?
– For a customer-facing application, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase the number of customers accessing it?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– What are the implications of cloud computing to enterprise application integration?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT Service Management ?
– How can cloud stakeholders ensure and promote the security of Cloud computing?
– What is the importance of standards-based cloud computing?
– What are the pros cons of various oss for cloud computing?
– Networks that are flexible, well-performing, and secure?
– What are the security issues around cloud computing?
– What percent of the market will not use cloud?
– Is there a market for developing niche clouds?
– Can we accelerate DevOps with Hybrid Cloud?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– Will cloud computing always lower costs?
– How technically mature is the standard?
– What is a benefit of cloud computing?
Customer relationship management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Customer relationship management governance and define Customer relationship management competency-based leadership.
– How to ensure high data availability in mobile computing environment where frequent disconnections may occur because the clients and server may be weakly connected?
– Can the Exchange define how First Call Resolution will be calculated, and how a resolvable call is distinguished from a nonresolvable call?
– Are there any restrictions within the standard support and maintenance agreement on the number of staff that can request support?
– Is there an integrated FAQ structure already in the exchange that can be tapped and expanded into the CRM for the agents?
– Do you really need to store every piece of information you collect (e.g., maybe you just need it one time)?
– Are we on the lookout for any companies that are building the next generation of CRM systems?
– When shipping a product, do you send tracking information to the customer?
– Do these effectiveness-based applications introduce new success factors?
– What is your organizations history of meeting recovery time objectives?
– Does the user have permission to synchronize to Outlook?
– Are abandons included in your service level denominator?
– Are the offline synchronization subscriptions valid?
– How is Business Intelligence related to CRM?
– Have you developed any proprietary metrics?
– What is your live agent queue abandon rate?
– Is there a known outage?
Dynamics 365 Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Dynamics 365 issues and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Dynamics 365 projects.
– What are the key elements of your Dynamics CRM performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Dynamics CRM?
– What are the business goals Dynamics CRM is aiming to achieve?
Google Chrome Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Google Chrome management and look at it backwards.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Dynamics CRM delivery for example is new software needed?
– Are assumptions made in Dynamics CRM stated explicitly?
– How do we go about Comparing Dynamics CRM approaches/solutions?
Independent software vendor Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Independent software vendor engagements and explain and analyze the challenges of Independent software vendor.
– Can we add value to the current Dynamics CRM decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Have you identified your Dynamics CRM key performance indicators?
– How do we Improve Dynamics CRM service perception, and satisfaction?
Internet Explorer Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Internet Explorer outcomes and ask questions.
– Is there any existing Dynamics CRM governance structure?
– Is Supporting Dynamics CRM documentation required?
Internet Information Services Critical Criteria:
Scan Internet Information Services failures and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Internet Information Services is getting what it needs.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Dynamics CRM models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Dynamics CRM? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Dynamics CRM project?
Microsoft Dynamics Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Microsoft Dynamics issues and do something to it.
– Customer Service What is the future of CRM with regards to Customer Service five years from now, What Technologies would affect it the most and what trends in Customer Service landscape would we see at that time?
– Why would potential clients outsource their business to us if they can perform the same level of Customer Service in house?
– What platforms are you unable to measure accurately, or able to provide only limited measurements from?
– What is your approach to server analytics and community analytics for program measurement?
– What are the integration capabilities for the crm system (files, xml, api)?
– What level of customer involvement is required during the implementation?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– What are the benefits you want to receive as a result of using CRM?
– Security settings: What if you cant access a feature?
– What is the Impact of Social CRM on Customer Support?
– Does the user have permission to create activities?
– Does the current CRM system contain a Web Portal?
– What is the recovery point objective?
– Where is the ROI in CRM?
– How much does Dynamics CRM help?
Microsoft Dynamics AX Critical Criteria:
Add value to Microsoft Dynamics AX engagements and transcribe Microsoft Dynamics AX as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Dynamics CRM does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Dynamics CRM ?
Microsoft Dynamics C5 Critical Criteria:
Match Microsoft Dynamics C5 risks and assess what counts with Microsoft Dynamics C5 that we are not counting.
– Does our organization need more Dynamics CRM education?
Microsoft Dynamics GP Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Microsoft Dynamics GP results and get out your magnifying glass.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Critical Criteria:
Add value to Microsoft Dynamics NAV quality and report on setting up Microsoft Dynamics NAV without losing ground.
– In a project to restructure Dynamics CRM outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Dynamics CRM activities?
Microsoft Dynamics SL Critical Criteria:
Focus on Microsoft Dynamics SL issues and get going.
– Which customers cant participate in our Dynamics CRM domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Will Dynamics CRM deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are our Dynamics CRM Processes?
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Critical Criteria:
Review Microsoft Most Valuable Professional adoptions and revise understanding of Microsoft Most Valuable Professional architectures.
– Who will provide the final approval of Dynamics CRM deliverables?
– Which Dynamics CRM goals are the most important?
– Why are Dynamics CRM skills important?
Microsoft Office Communicator Critical Criteria:
Map Microsoft Office Communicator strategies and get out your magnifying glass.
– Is the Dynamics CRM organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Dynamics CRM opportunities costing us money?
– Does Dynamics CRM analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Microsoft Online Services Critical Criteria:
Study Microsoft Online Services goals and optimize Microsoft Online Services leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Dynamics CRM objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Dynamics CRM leader?
– How will you measure your Dynamics CRM effectiveness?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Operating system management and customize techniques for implementing Operating system controls.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
– Are there recognized Dynamics CRM problems?
– How do we go about Securing Dynamics CRM?
– What threat is Dynamics CRM addressing?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Graph Oracle Corporation leadership and pay attention to the small things.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Dynamics CRM strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Is Dynamics CRM Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How will you know that the Dynamics CRM project has been successful?
SQL Server Reporting Services Critical Criteria:
Derive from SQL Server Reporting Services results and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of SQL Server Reporting Services.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Dynamics CRM is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Dynamics CRM. How do we gain traction?
– What is our formula for success in Dynamics CRM ?
SharePoint 2010 Critical Criteria:
Read up on SharePoint 2010 strategies and assess and formulate effective operational and SharePoint 2010 strategies.
Siebel Systems Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Siebel Systems adoptions and probe the present value of growth of Siebel Systems.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Dynamics CRM process?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Think about Software categories outcomes and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Software categories projects.
– To what extent does management recognize Dynamics CRM as a tool to increase the results?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Software developer leadership and give examples utilizing a core of simple Software developer skills.
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Dynamics CRM is underway?
Software license Critical Criteria:
Scan Software license leadership and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Software license is getting what it needs.
– What implementation technologies/resources (e.g., programming languages, development platforms, software licenses) does the provider support?
– Is our software usage in compliance with software license agreements?
Software release life cycle Critical Criteria:
Focus on Software release life cycle visions and do something to it.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Dynamics CRM strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Web service Critical Criteria:
Review Web service adoptions and find answers.
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Dynamics CRM, including any consulting or professional services?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– What are the short and long-term Dynamics CRM goals?
– Who needs to know about Dynamics CRM ?
Windows Live Messenger Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Windows Live Messenger strategies and report on setting up Windows Live Messenger without losing ground.
– How do we manage Dynamics CRM Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Does the Dynamics CRM task fit the clients priorities?
– Are we Assessing Dynamics CRM and Risk?
Windows Server 2012 Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Windows Server 2012 results and gather Windows Server 2012 models .
– Why should we adopt a Dynamics CRM framework?
– What is Effective Dynamics CRM?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Dynamics CRM External links:
Free Trial: Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Upgrade Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online releases
Microsoft Dynamics CRM External links:
Free Trial: Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Upgrade Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
Install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions
.NET Framework External links:
Download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 …
Active Directory External links:
Active Directory – Access & identity – IDaaS | Microsoft Azure
User Attributes – Inside Active Directory
Certified for Microsoft Dynamics External links:
Certified for Microsoft Dynamics – Supply Chain …
Cloud computing External links:
Compliant Cloud Computing Simplified – Lumen21
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Customer relationship management External links:
PipelineDeals – Customer Relationship Management …
Customer Relationship Management Software | SugarCRM
Oracle – Siebel Customer Relationship Management
Dynamics 365 External links:
Use Power BI with Microsoft Dynamics 365
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Roadmap
Project Service Automation Technology | Microsoft Dynamics 365
Google Chrome External links:
Google Chrome – Home | Facebook
Download Google Chrome – Download software and …
Google Chrome – Free Download
Independent software vendor External links:
Independent Software Vendor (ISV) – ISCORP
Independent Software Vendor Provider Partners
Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Partners | Five9
Internet Explorer External links:
Internet Explorer 11 is the latest version of Microsoft’s default browser. It provides all standard features that you’d want in a Web browser, while giving
Internet Explorer help – support.microsoft.com
Change your home page for Internet Explorer 11
Internet Information Services External links:
Microsoft Internet Information Services 8
Microsoft Internet Information Services 8
How to: Install Microsoft Internet Information Services
Microsoft Dynamics External links:
Home – Microsoft Dynamics CustomerSource
Microsoft Dynamics GP Overview | Microsoft Dynamics
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Outlook software requirements
Microsoft Dynamics AX External links:
Microsoft Dynamics AX Community – Forums, Blogs, …
How to install a Microsoft Dynamics AX hotfix
Microsoft Dynamics AX Software – 2017 Reviews, …
Microsoft Dynamics C5 External links:
Microsoft Dynamics C5 Certification Exams Training Materials
Exam MB5-700: Microsoft Dynamics C5 Application …
Microsoft Dynamics GP External links:
Microsoft Dynamics GP Overview | Microsoft Dynamics
Microsoft Dynamics GP Developer Center
Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics NAV External links:
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Overview | Microsoft Dynamics
Released Cumulative Updates for Microsoft Dynamics NAV …
Microsoft Dynamics SL External links:
ImageLink for Microsoft Dynamics SL – compinfo.com
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional External links:
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional | Southeast Asia …
Flickr: Dixin Yan, Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Microsoft Office Communicator External links:
Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 is an official add-on from Microsoft that is designed to allow better collaboration and communications between several
Microsoft Office Communicator Web Access – West Virginia
Download the Microsoft Office Communicator Client
Microsoft Online Services External links:
Microsoft Online Services
Operating system External links:
nCino Bank Operating System
Which Windows operating system am I running? – …
Find Out Which Operating System Is on My Computer …
Oracle Corporation External links:
Oracle Corporation – ORCL – Stock Price Today – Zacks
ORCL: Oracle Corporation – Detailed Estimates – Zacks.com
SQL Server Reporting Services External links:
SQL Server Reporting Services – technet.microsoft.com
SharePoint 2010 External links:
SharePoint 2010 | anothersharepointblog
Change page title in SharePoint 2010 – Stack Exchange
Siebel Systems External links:
Siebel Systems Agrees to Buy Janna In Stock Swap …
Complaint: Siebel Systems, Inc. – SEC.gov
Siebel Systems Saw Profit in Quarter; Revenue Declined …
Software categories External links:
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
Browse All Software Categories – FinancesOnline.com
Software developer External links:
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
[PDF]Job Description for Software Developer. Title: …
Software Developer | Internal Revenue Service
Software license External links:
Legal – Software License Agreements – Apple
Microsoft Software License Terms
Upgrading and renewing a software license – Symantec
Software release life cycle External links:
Software release life cycle | 9to5Mac
Software Release Life Cycle – Quora
Lyrics containing the term: software release life cycle
https://www.lyrics.com/lyrics/software release life cycle
Web service External links:
TeletracXMLGateway Web Service
Free BIN/IIN Lookup Web Service – binlist.net
MSU Police Web Service
Windows Live Messenger External links:
Previously known as MSN Messenger, Windows Live Messenger is Microsoft’s answer to instant messaging. While largely the same as its predecessor, Windows Live
How to: Sign In to Windows Live Messenger
Windows Server 2012 External links:
Download Windows Server 2012 R2 Update (KB2919355) …