What is involved in Data Management
Find out what the related areas are that Data Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Data Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Metadata Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Metadata Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Data Management related domains to cover and 386 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Data Management, Corporate Data Quality Management, Data theft, Data access, Data Management, Data enrichment, Information system, Data privacy, Data quality assurance, System integration, Email address, Telephone number, ERP software, Marketing operations, Hierarchical storage management, Business continuity planning, Data architecture, Reference data, Management fad, Identity management, Document management system, Digital preservation, Extract, transform, load, Data asset, Process Management, Information Lifecycle Management, Open data, Metadata discovery, Database management system, Information design, Data quality, Controlled vocabulary, Data steward, Data mining, Data mart, Business intelligence, Data modeling, Big data, Data curation, Performance report, Data integrity, Data warehouse, Data management plan, Data erasure, Machine-Readable Documents, Records management, Data cleansing, Document management, Identity theft, Knowledge management, Information repository, Competence Center Corporate Data Quality, Metadata registry, Database administration, Data integration, Data governance, Random access, Information management, Information architecture, Data retention, Data analysis, Data security, Enterprise content management, Data maintenance, Metadata publishing, Information ladder, CRM software, Data processing, Postal code, Data proliferation, Relational database:
Data Management Critical Criteria:
Derive from Data Management leadership and integrate design thinking in Data Management innovation.
– Are there any data with specific security or regulatory concerns with sharing (e.g. classified information or handling requirements), and how will they be addressed?
– What file formats and naming conventions will be used for the separate data sources and for the integrated file used for analysis?
– If you are obtaining data from an outside source, will you be able to store a local copy of the data?
– What are the data access requirements for standard file, message, and data management?
– Are there any specific requirements for sharing or storing the data?
– Do we have immediate access to up-to-date and relevant information?
– How can an organization understand what data it needs to manage?
– What file formats and naming conventions will you be using?
– What are the benefits of good Data Management?
– How will the data be checked and certified?
– How will you capture or create the data?
– How will retention periods be tracked?
– Is the dataset covered by copyright?
– What is involved in data management?
– How should data be cited when used?
– Where and how will it be archived?
– How accurate is your product data?
– What is the information context?
– How/who will create metadata?
– Who paid for the data?
Corporate Data Quality Management Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Corporate Data Quality Management outcomes and ask questions.
– Do we monitor the Data Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What is the source of the strategies for Data Management strengthening and reform?
– How do we maintain Data Managements Integrity?
Data theft Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Data theft engagements and sort Data theft activities.
– Think about the functions involved in your Data Management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Is a Data Management Team Work effort in place?
Data access Critical Criteria:
Discuss Data access outcomes and budget for Data access challenges.
– Have internal procedural controls been established to manage user data access, including security screenings, training, and confidentiality agreements required for staff with pii access privileges?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Data Management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What impact would the naming conventions and the use of homegrown software have on later data access?
– What should be our public authorities policy with regards to data access?
– What impact would the naming conventions have on later data access?
– What are the effects software updates have on later data access?
– What are the implications of tracking/monitoring data access?
– Who will provide the final approval of Data Management deliverables?
– What are current Data Management Paradigms?
– How are data accessed?
Data Management Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Data Management strategies and assess what counts with Data Management that we are not counting.
– Which audit findings of the Data Management and reporting system warrant recommendation notes and changes to the design in order to improve Data Quality?
– In situations where data can never be released or shared, what explanation or justification should be provided for not sharing data?
– Have you reviewed the data, such as selecting a random sample, looking for outliers, graphing and plotting the data?
– Allow import and data management processes to be immediately executed or scheduled to run on regular intervals?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– How do you get from a thousand points of data entry to a single view of the business?
– What is the format of the information and what form does it need to be stored in?
– Who is involved in decisions about information/Data Management, and how?
– Does your project or program have a specific repository for your data?
– What system, if any, provides document numbers for Training Material?
– What are some of the master data management architecture patterns?
– Will any permission restrictions need to be placed on the data?
– What restrictions need to be placed on re-use of your data?
– What is the schedule and budget for data collection?
– If existing data are used, what are its origins?
– How do you make your data meaningful to others?
– Who sets Data Management policy and guidelines?
– What data will be included in an archive?
– Who is using PDM?
Data enrichment Critical Criteria:
Use past Data enrichment leadership and describe the risks of Data enrichment sustainability.
– Does Data Management analysis show the relationships among important Data Management factors?
– Is there any existing Data Management governance structure?
– What are the short and long-term Data Management goals?
Information system Critical Criteria:
Administer Information system quality and summarize a clear Information system focus.
– In the case of a Data Management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Data Management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Data Management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Have we developed a continuous monitoring strategy for the information systems (including monitoring of security control effectiveness for system-specific, hybrid, and common controls) that reflects the organizational Risk Management strategy and organizational commitment to protecting critical missions and business functions?
– On what terms should a manager of information systems evolution and maintenance provide service and support to the customers of information systems evolution and maintenance?
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– Are information security events and weaknesses associated with information systems communicated in a manner to allow timely corrective action to be taken?
– Would an information systems (is) group with more knowledge about a data production process produce better quality data for data consumers?
– Are information systems and the services of information systems things of value that have suppliers and customers?
– What does the customer get from the information systems performance, and on what does that depend, and when?
– What are the principal business applications (i.e. information systems available from staff PC desktops)?
– Why Learn About Security, Privacy, and Ethical Issues in Information Systems and the Internet?
– What are information systems, and who are the stakeholders in the information systems game?
– How secure -well protected against potential risks is the information system ?
– Is unauthorized access to information held in information systems prevented?
– What does integrity ensure in an information system?
– Is authorized user access to information systems ensured?
– Is security an integral part of information systems?
– What will drive Data Management change?
Data privacy Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Data privacy risks and correct better engagement with Data privacy results.
– Are stakeholders, including eligible students or students parents, regularly notified about their rights under applicable federal and state laws governing data privacy?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Data Management project?
– Do the Data Management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Will the GDPR set up a one-stop-shop for data privacy regulation?
Data quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Data quality assurance issues and innovate what needs to be done with Data quality assurance.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Data Management processes?
– Are assumptions made in Data Management stated explicitly?
– What are our Data Management Processes?
System integration Critical Criteria:
Illustrate System integration results and shift your focus.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Data Management processes?
– How do you address back-end system integration?
– How can you measure Data Management in a systematic way?
– What about Data Management Analysis of results?
Email address Critical Criteria:
Start Email address failures and pioneer acquisition of Email address systems.
– In CRM we keep record of email addresses and phone numbers of our customers employees. Will we now need to ask for explicit permission to store them?
– Who is currently performing the database work, and how big is the legacy database in terms of addresses, email addresses, touches, preferences?
– Are a customers business phone number; business email address and business IP address also considered to be personal data?
– Will Data Management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Data Management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Who are the key service provider and customer contacts (name, phone number, email address)?
– What are our needs in relation to Data Management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Telephone number Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Telephone number adoptions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Telephone number results.
– What are the key elements of your Data Management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
ERP software Critical Criteria:
Participate in ERP software governance and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Data Management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Data Management process available?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Data Management that make it risky?
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Jump start Marketing operations tasks and finalize specific methods for Marketing operations acceptance.
– Do Data Management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How do we go about Securing Data Management?
Hierarchical storage management Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Hierarchical storage management visions and innovate what needs to be done with Hierarchical storage management.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Data Management activities?
– How do we keep improving Data Management?
Business continuity planning Critical Criteria:
Test Business continuity planning outcomes and test out new things.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Data Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
– How will you measure your Data Management effectiveness?
– Are we Assessing Data Management and Risk?
Data architecture Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Data architecture leadership and get going.
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– Does your bi software work well with both centralized and decentralized data architectures and vendors?
– Do we need an enterprise data warehouse, a Data Lake, or both as part of our overall data architecture?
– How is the value delivered by Data Management being measured?
– Why is Data Management important for you now?
Reference data Critical Criteria:
Discourse Reference data failures and adjust implementation of Reference data.
– For your Data Management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Is Data Management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Will Data Management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Management fad Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Management fad results and devote time assessing Management fad and its risk.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Data Management information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Identity management tasks and explain and analyze the challenges of Identity management.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Data Management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– How will you know that the Data Management project has been successful?
– Have you identified your Data Management key performance indicators?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Document management system Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Document management system tactics and attract Document management system skills.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Data Management process?
– Have all basic functions of Data Management been defined?
– What threat is Data Management addressing?
Digital preservation Critical Criteria:
Confer re Digital preservation engagements and summarize a clear Digital preservation focus.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Data Management study?
– Are there Data Management Models?
Extract, transform, load Critical Criteria:
Look at Extract, transform, load goals and find out.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Data Management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Data asset Critical Criteria:
Map Data asset leadership and perfect Data asset conflict management.
– What are the particular research needs of your organization on big data analytics that you find essential to adequately handle your data assets?
– Is there a catalog of all data assets that will be used or stored in the cloud environment?
Process Management Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Process Management goals and create a map for yourself.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– How important is Data Management to the user organizations mission?
– Which Data Management goals are the most important?
Information Lifecycle Management Critical Criteria:
Study Information Lifecycle Management quality and report on the economics of relationships managing Information Lifecycle Management and constraints.
– What business benefits will Data Management goals deliver if achieved?
Open data Critical Criteria:
Confer over Open data decisions and observe effective Open data.
– How do we know that any Data Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Metadata discovery Critical Criteria:
Chat re Metadata discovery outcomes and ask questions.
– Think about the people you identified for your Data Management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Data Management ?
– What are specific Data Management Rules to follow?
Database management system Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Database management system strategies and arbitrate Database management system techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Data Management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Data Management project lifecycle?
– what is the best design framework for Data Management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– In what ways are Data Management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What database management systems have been implemented?
Information design Critical Criteria:
Read up on Information design tasks and explore and align the progress in Information design.
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
– What are the business goals Data Management is aiming to achieve?
Data quality Critical Criteria:
Unify Data quality risks and define what our big hairy audacious Data quality goal is.
– What should I do if none of my candidate designs will generate data that satisfy my performance or acceptance criteria?
– Validation: does data meet analytic and sample specific requirements (usually done by a qa officer or external party)?
– Are clearly written instructions available on how to use the reporting tools/forms related to people reached/served?
– Which quality elements and parameters do you test and what types of methods do you use to evaluate quality?
– Are data timely enough to influence management decision-making (i.e., in terms of frequency and currency)?
– Do data reflect stable and consistent data collection processes and analysis methods over time?
– Are Data Quality challenges identified and are mechanisms in place for addressing them?
– Is data recorded with sufficient precision/detail to measure relevant indicators?
– What is the proportion of duplicate records on the data file extract?
– How does big data impact Data Quality and governance best practices?
– Can good algorithms, models, heuristics overcome Data Quality problems?
– How frequently do reported results appear out of balance?
– What is the proportion of missing values for each field?
– Completeness: is all necessary data present?
– How does the data enter the system?
– Why is Data Quality necessary?
– Can Data Quality be improved?
– What is the business process?
– What makes up a good record?
– Is the system simple?
Controlled vocabulary Critical Criteria:
See the value of Controlled vocabulary engagements and catalog Controlled vocabulary activities.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Data Management? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How do we go about Comparing Data Management approaches/solutions?
Data steward Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Data steward failures and find the ideas you already have.
– Have data stewards (e.g.,program managers) responsible for coordinating data governance activities been identified and assigned to each specific domain of activity?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Data Management moving forward?
– Who needs to know about Data Management ?
– Other data stewards?
Data mining Critical Criteria:
Discourse Data mining failures and sort Data mining activities.
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What types of transactional activities and data mining are being used and where do we see the greatest potential benefits?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– What is the difference between business intelligence business analytics and data mining?
– Is business intelligence set to play a key role in the future of Human Resources?
– Does the Data Management task fit the clients priorities?
– What programs do we have to teach data mining?
Data mart Critical Criteria:
X-ray Data mart decisions and assess what counts with Data mart that we are not counting.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Data Management been identified and analyzed?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Consider Business intelligence issues and observe effective Business intelligence.
– Research reveals that more than half of business intelligence projects hit a low degree of acceptance or fail. What factors influence the implementation negative or positive?
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– Can your software connect to all forms of data, from text and Excel files to cloud and enterprise-grade databases, with a few clicks?
– Does your software provide roleand group-based security options that allow business users to securely create and publish their work?
– What information can be provided in regards to a sites usage and business intelligence usage within the intranet environment?
– Can you easily add users and features to quickly scale and customize to your organizations specific needs?
– Can you filter, drill down, or add entirely new data to your visualization with mobile editing?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– What are some best practices for gathering business intelligence about a competitor?
– What are direct examples that show predictive analytics to be highly reliable?
– What specialized bi knowledge does your business have that can be leveraged?
– What is your anticipated learning curve for Report Users?
– What business intelligence systems are available?
– How will marketing change in the next 10 years?
– Is the product accessible from the internet?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
– Is your BI software easy to understand?
– What is your products direction?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Data modeling planning and display thorough understanding of the Data modeling process.
– Which customers cant participate in our Data Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Big data Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Big data risks and separate what are the business goals Big data is aiming to achieve.
– From all data collected by your organization, what is approximately the share of external data (collected from external sources), compared to internal data (produced by your operations)?
– New roles. Executives interested in leading a big data transition can start with two simple techniques. First, they can get in the habit of asking What do the data say?
– What rules and regulations should exist about combining data about individuals into a central repository?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– What are the legal risks in using Big Data/People Analytics in hiring?
– What new definitions are needed to describe elements of new Big Data solutions?
– Which other Oracle Business Intelligence products are used in your solution?
– What new Security and Privacy challenge arise from new Big Data solutions?
– What are the new developments that are included in Big Data solutions?
– With more data to analyze, can Big Data improve decision-making?
– Can analyses improve with more detailed analytics that we use?
– Is recruitment of staff with strong data skills crucial?
– How do we measure the efficiency of these algorithms?
– How to model context in a computational environment?
– What are some impacts of Big Data?
– Hash tables for term management?
– what is Different about Big Data?
– Find traffic bottlenecks ?
– How much data so far?
Data curation Critical Criteria:
Mine Data curation management and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Data curation.
– What are all of our Data Management domains and what do they do?
– What is our formula for success in Data Management ?
– Does Data Management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Performance report Critical Criteria:
Discuss Performance report tasks and sort Performance report activities.
– Consider your own Data Management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Do we obtain it performance reports illustrating the value of it from a business driver perspective (Customer Service, cost, agility, quality, etc.)?
Data integrity Critical Criteria:
Add value to Data integrity engagements and get going.
– Integrity/availability/confidentiality: How are data integrity, availability, and confidentiality maintained in the cloud?
– Can we do Data Management without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are the long-term Data Management goals?
– Can we rely on the Data Integrity?
– Data Integrity, Is it SAP created?
– What is Effective Data Management?
Data warehouse Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Data warehouse outcomes and interpret which customers can’t participate in Data warehouse because they lack skills.
– What tier data server has been identified for the storage of decision support data contained in a data warehouse?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Data Management?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– Data Warehouse versus Data Lake (Data Swamp)?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
– Centralized data warehouse?
Data management plan Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Data management plan issues and oversee implementation of Data management plan.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Data Management values?
– What would be needed in a data management plan to describe use of novel equipment?
– Does Data Management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Who is responsible for managing the data and the data management plan?
– Think of your Data Management project. what are the main functions?
– Where will the data and data management plan be stored?
– Should the data management plan be kept with the data?
– What is a data management plan?
Data erasure Critical Criteria:
Meet over Data erasure tasks and work towards be a leading Data erasure expert.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Data Management process?
– How do we Improve Data Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are accountability and ownership for Data Management clearly defined?
Machine-Readable Documents Critical Criteria:
Merge Machine-Readable Documents quality and oversee Machine-Readable Documents management by competencies.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Data Management is underway?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Data Management agendas for the next 3 years?
– How much does Data Management help?
Records management Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Records management results and acquire concise Records management education.
– Have records center personnel received training on the records management aspects of the Quality Assurance program?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Data Management requirements in detail?
– How would one define Data Management leadership?
Data cleansing Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Data cleansing issues and devote time assessing Data cleansing and its risk.
– How can you negotiate Data Management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Data Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is there an ongoing data cleansing procedure to look for rot (redundant, obsolete, trivial content)?
Document management Critical Criteria:
Check Document management quality and devise Document management key steps.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Data Management leader?
Identity theft Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Identity theft projects and find out what it really means.
– Identity theft could also be an inside job. Employees at big companies that host e-mail services have physical access to e-mail accounts. How do you know nobodys reading it?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Data Management project manager?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Knowledge management engagements and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Knowledge management.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What vendors make products that address the Data Management needs?
– How do we Identify specific Data Management investment and emerging trends?
– How do we manage Data Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Information repository Critical Criteria:
Reason over Information repository quality and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Information repository decisions.
– Is maximizing Data Management protection the same as minimizing Data Management loss?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Data Management leaders?
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality Critical Criteria:
Infer Competence Center Corporate Data Quality adoptions and look at the big picture.
Metadata registry Critical Criteria:
Coach on Metadata registry governance and question.
– Is there a Data Management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How can the value of Data Management be defined?
Database administration Critical Criteria:
Analyze Database administration adoptions and sort Database administration activities.
– Rapid application development (rad) techniques have been around for about two decades now and have been used with varying degrees of success. sometimes rad is required for certain projects. but rad can be bad for database design. why?
– Disaster recovery planning, also called contingency planning, is the process of preparing your organizations assets and operations in case of a disaster. but what do we define as a disaster?
– What are our disaster recovery goal prioritazations? Do we want to get the system up as quickly as possible?
– What is the purpose of Data Management in relation to the mission?
– Who should be called in case of Disaster Recovery?
Data integration Critical Criteria:
Systematize Data integration adoptions and catalog what business benefits will Data integration goals deliver if achieved.
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– Which Oracle Data Integration products are used in your solution?
– What is our Data Management Strategy?
Data governance Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Data governance tactics and mentor Data governance customer orientation.
– Who will be responsible, accountable, consulted and/or informed for decisions regarding key enterprise data processes?
– Is collecting this data element the most efficient way to influence practice, policy, or research?
– Does the search engine integrate with the taxonomy to improve searches and organize results?
– Can this data be replaced by a better source of data elsewhere or replace other data?
– Can it be used to validate data or does it need validation performed on it?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– Standards evaluation -are there standards to be adhered to or created?
– Does your data governance organization have a communications plan?
– The front-ends are dependent on data. how is that data governed?
– Period for the destruction or return of the information?
– Do new candidates write code during their interview?
– How do you decide which goals you should pursue?
– Who are the users & what are they looking for?
– How will we use the data that is collected?
– What are the benefits of data governance?
– Is there a Change navigation list?
– What is hierarchical master data?
– Who is a data stakeholder?
Random access Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Random access adoptions and adopt an insight outlook.
Information management Critical Criteria:
Categorize Information management quality and integrate design thinking in Information management innovation.
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
Information architecture Critical Criteria:
Focus on Information architecture planning and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Information architecture projects.
– Who will do the classification (IAs, users, both etc.) Deliverables could be: approach for developing classification, controlled vocabularies, thesaurus, taxonomies, classification models including targeted audience descriptions; will there be any use of autocategorization or autosuggesting metadata?
– The labels used for the groupings of content make a difference in a users understanding of the site and their ability to navigate its content. Which labels stand out in your mind as particularly good ones?
– Besides the obvious differences of scale and complexity, does the development of a small Web site call for a qualitatively different approach to information architecture?
– Is there a difference between the most important audiences (e.g., those who influence funding) and the audiences who will use the web site most frequently?
– Have the requirements for delivering the information over multiple channels (Browser, Voice, etc.) been determined?
– What are the 5-10 most frequently asked questions (or requested pieces of information) by those who contact you?
– How does one design a sites information architecture so that findability is balanced with discoverability?
– Take a look at the site structure listing. What are the major sections?
– Have text analytics mechanisms like entity extraction been considered?
– Are the reliability requirements for the information determined?
– How important is information architecture on a website redesign?
– Which labels stand out in your mind as particularly good ones?
– What is the composition of each type of information element?
– Should you organize by topic, by task, or by audience?
– When should a new level in the hierarchy be added?
– What is it that we are designing, and why?
– Who does information architecture well?
– Is there a plan for search analytics?
– Who comes to your website and why?
– Can any content be consolidated?
Data retention Critical Criteria:
Depict Data retention tactics and improve Data retention service perception.
– Traditional data protection principles include fair and lawful data processing; data collection for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes; accurate and kept up-to-date data; data retention for no longer than necessary. Are additional principles and requirements necessary for IoT applications?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Data Management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Data analysis Critical Criteria:
Consider Data analysis tasks and find the essential reading for Data analysis researchers.
– In a project to restructure Data Management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
Data security Critical Criteria:
Track Data security quality and get going.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Data Management in a volatile global economy?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– What are the minimum data security requirements for a database containing personal financial transaction records?
– Do these concerns about data security negate the value of storage-as-a-service in the cloud?
– What are the challenges related to cloud computing data security?
– So, what should you do to mitigate these risks to data security?
– Does it contain data security obligations?
– What is Data Security at Physical Layer?
– What is Data Security at Network Layer?
– How will you manage data security?
Enterprise content management Critical Criteria:
Nurse Enterprise content management adoptions and describe the risks of Enterprise content management sustainability.
– Is Data Management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Data maintenance Critical Criteria:
Sort Data maintenance strategies and drive action.
– How to Secure Data Management?
Metadata publishing Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Metadata publishing governance and summarize a clear Metadata publishing focus.
– When a Data Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Information ladder Critical Criteria:
Unify Information ladder visions and adjust implementation of Information ladder.
– Does our organization need more Data Management education?
– Why should we adopt a Data Management framework?
CRM software Critical Criteria:
Recall CRM software visions and gather CRM software models .
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Data Management?
– Is there an organized user group specifically for the CRM software?
Data processing Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Data processing decisions and raise human resource and employment practices for Data processing.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Data Management delivery for example is new software needed?
– Who regulates/controls wording of the Consent for personal data processing document?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Data Management forward?
– Can the consent for personal data processing be granted to us over the phone?
– Do you see a need to share data processing facilities?
Postal code Critical Criteria:
See the value of Postal code leadership and balance specific methods for improving Postal code results.
– How do we Lead with Data Management in Mind?
Data proliferation Critical Criteria:
Coach on Data proliferation failures and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Data proliferation projects.
Relational database Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Relational database tasks and finalize the present value of growth of Relational database.
– Is Data Management Required?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Metadata Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Data Management External links:
ZOLL – Data Management Software
UDSH Historical Data Management System – Utah
Meter Data Management System (MDMS)
Corporate Data Quality Management External links:
Corporate Data Quality Management | EFQM
Data theft External links:
RCW 9A.90.100: Electronic data theft.
Data access External links:
SHRP2 NDS Data Access
North Dakota Public Data Access
Soil Data Access – Home
Data Management External links:
Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Online Data Management System
UDSH Historical Data Management System – Utah
Meter Data Management System (MDMS)
Data enrichment External links:
Marketing Data Quality Management | Data Enrichment
What is Data Enrichment? | Datanyze
The Data Enrichment Process Explained – BrightPlanet
Information system External links:
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS)
Data privacy External links:
First Data Privacy & Legal | First Data
Data Privacy statement – ABB Group
Data Privacy and Cyber security | Mass.gov
Data quality assurance External links:
Data quality assurance – SearchDataManagement
Data Quality Assurance Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
System integration External links:
WSI – Wireless System Integration – is an IoT enabler
What is System Integration (SI)? – Definition from Techopedia
Smart Grid Solutions | Smart Grid System Integration …
ERP software External links:
ERP software solutions built on Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Deltek Vision | ERP Software for Professional Services Firms
Marketing operations External links:
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
Aprimo Marketing Operations Login
What is Marketing Operations? | Centric
Hierarchical storage management External links:
[PDF]Hierarchical Storage Management System Evaluation
Which Hierarchical Storage Management system does …
Skill Pages – Hierarchical storage management | Dice.com
Business continuity planning External links:
Beef Up Business Continuity Planning – BUILDINGS
Data architecture External links:
Data Architecture Summit
Certica Solutions: K-12 Cloud Platform and Data Architecture
Reference data External links:
Fiscal Service Reference Data
wsodata.com – Loan Reference Data Login
Management fad External links:
Six Sigma…a Stupid Management Fad? | NC State …
Is / Was Six Sigma a management fad? – Updated 2017
Is ‘mindfulness’ just another management fad? | Fortune
Identity management External links:
identity management jobs | Dice.com
ISG – Identity Management System – Login
Intrado Identity Management Self-Service :: Log In
Document management system External links:
SKYSITE – Document Management System Software for …
Digital preservation External links:
Digital Preservation & Curation Officer | ASU Library
Syllabus – Digital Preservation
Extract, transform, load External links:
What is ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)? Webopedia Definition
ETL (Extract, transform, load) Salary | PayScale
http://www.payscale.com › United States › Skill/Specialty
Data asset External links:
Our Data Asset | JPMorgan Chase Institute
Data Asset definitions – Defined Term
Process Management External links:
Sales Process Management | ProspectStream
Emerson Process Management, Process Systems: Careers
Emerson Process Management: Products
Information Lifecycle Management External links:
Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) | Informatica US
SAP Data Volume & Information Lifecycle Management
Open data External links:
Open Data Portal | NJOIT Open Data Center
PQRS | Open Data | Socrata
Miami-Dade County’s Open Data Portal
Metadata discovery External links:
Silwood Technology – Safyr, ERP metadata discovery
Database management system External links:
Database management system | computing | Britannica.com
Kuder Administrative Database Management System – …
Petroleum Database Management System (PDMS)
Information design External links:
Information design (Book, 2000) [WorldCat.org]
Adjunct Lecturer, Information Design & Corporate Communication
Information Design: The Understanding Discipline
Data quality External links:
Data Quality Assurance Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data quality (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Controlled vocabulary External links:
What Is A Controlled Vocabulary? – Boxes and Arrows
I Can Read It! Books | Controlled Vocabulary Books | Sonlight
ERIC – Free Text vs. Controlled Vocabulary; A …
Data steward External links:
Guidelines for Becoming a Data Steward | TDAN.com
http://A data steward is a person responsible for the management and fitness of data elements (also known as critical data elements) – both the content and metadata. Data stewards have a specialist role that incorporates processes, policies, guidelines and responsibilities for administering organizations’ entire data in compliance with policy and/or regulatory obligations.
Data Steward Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data mining External links:
[PDF]Data Mining Report – Federation of American Scientists
Title Data Mining Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data mart External links:
[PDF]Institutional Research Data Mart: Instructor Guide …
UNC Data Mart – University of North Carolina
California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office – Data Mart
Business intelligence External links:
List of Business Intelligence Skills – The Balance
Data modeling External links:
[PDF]Data Modeling Basics – Pennsylvania
Data Modeling | IT Pro
Data modeling (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Big data External links:
Databricks – Making Big Data Simple
Loudr: Big Data for Music Rights
Take 5 Media Group – Build an audience using big data
Data curation External links:
Data curation (Book, 2017) [WorldCat.org]
Role of Libraries in Data Curation
What is data curation? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Performance report External links:
Public ADS-B Performance Report
[PDF]Semi-Annual Performance Report U.S. Department …
Candidate Performance Report | NCSBN
Data integrity External links:
Data Integrity Specialist Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data Integrity Services SM – Experian
Data Integrity Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data warehouse External links:
[PDF]Data Warehouse – Utility’s Smart Grid Clearinghouse
http://smartgrid.epri.com/UseCases/DW – Utility DOE SG Clearhouse_ph2add.pdf
Data Warehouse Specialist Salaries – Salary.com
Title 2 Data Warehouse – Data.gov
Data management plan External links:
Metadata for Data: Data Management Plan | NCSU Libraries
Data Management Plan Examples | NCSU Libraries
[PDF]What is a data management plan – Medical Research …
Data erasure External links:
Enterprise Data Erasure
Data Erasure Services – Green Safe IT Disposals
Data Erasure & Data Compliance | Xtech Global
Records management External links:
Records Management Policy | Policies & Procedures
RMDA – Records Management and Declassification Agency
Library of Virginia Records Management
Data cleansing External links:
Data Cleansing Services | Database Cleaning | Data …
Data Cleansing Solution – Salesforce.com
IMA Ltd. | MRO Material Master Data Cleansing and …
Document management External links:
Document Management | SingleSource
Document Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
What Is Document Management? – msdn.microsoft.com
Identity theft External links:
Identity theft – Iowa DOT – Motor Vehicle Division
Identity Theft Protection Service | Protect My ID
Knowledge management External links:
A hub for technical knowledge management. — NDCAC
Knowledge Management System – Login
cSubs – Subscription & Knowledge Management …
Information repository External links:
Payment Information Repository (PIR)
DoDMERB Secure Applicant Information Repository – …
Information Repository – Odoo
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality External links:
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality | CDQ AG – …
Competence Center Corporate Data Quality (CC CDQ) – …
Metadata registry External links:
Aristotle Metadata Registry · GitHub
Home – Aristotle Open Metadata Registry
ERIC – Distributed Interoperable Metadata Registry; How …
Database administration External links:
What is Database Administration? – Definition from …
[PDF]Database Administration Guide – Blackbaud
DBArtisan | Database Administration Solution
Data integration External links:
Data Integration Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Data Integration Toolkit at dnb.com (Toolkit Home)
Data governance External links:
Data Governance – Do Job Titles Matter? – DATAVERSITY
[PDF]Data Governance Overview – Oklahoma – Welcome to …
Dataguise | Sensitive Data Governance
Random access External links:
Random access file (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Random Access Memories by Daft Punk on Apple Music
“Flash Gordon” Random Access (TV Episode 2007) – IMDb
Information management External links:
ADVOCATE Information Management System: AIMS
Property Information Management System
Information architecture External links:
Semiotics Web (SW) & Information Architecture (IA) – Meetup
Information Architecture Basics | Usability.gov
Data retention External links:
Data Retention – AbeBooks
Data retention guidelines – Meta
[PDF]Data Retention and Destruction Policy
Data analysis External links:
Research and Data Analysis | DSHS
Data36 – Blog about Data Science and Online Data Analysis
Data Analysis in Excel – Easy Excel Tutorial
Data security External links:
Data Security – OWASP
[PDF]Title: Data Security Policy Code: 1-100-200 12-31 …
Data Security – WSU Technology Knowledge Base
Enterprise content management External links:
What is Enterprise Content Management (ECM)?
Enterprise Content Management Software | Laserfiche
Data maintenance External links:
Job Information: Data Maintenance Specialist Job
[PDF]Chapter 9 – Data Maintenance – Michigan
Data Maintenance Specialist Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
CRM software External links:
The Best CRM Software of 2017 | Top Ten Reviews
improveit 360 – Contractor Software – Remodeler CRM Software
Customer Relationship Management | CRM Software – Vtiger
Data processing External links:
Data Factory – Data processing service | Microsoft Azure
Data processing (Book, 1988) [WorldCat.org]
Automatic Data Processing Insurance Agency, Inc. | …
Postal code External links:
1 Location Near Postal Code 98052 – Motion Industries
Postal Code Lookup in Canada
Honduras Zip Codes – Postal Code
Data proliferation External links:
[PDF]Data Proliferation STOP THAT – THIC
CPG Data Proliferation — Frain Industries
Relational database External links:
Introduction to Relational Databases — DatabaseJournal.com
Relational Database Design and Implementation – …
RDB: a Relational Database Management System