What is involved in Mobile device management
Find out what the related areas are that Mobile device management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Mobile device management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Mobile Device Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Mobile Device Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Mobile device management related domains to cover and 120 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Mobile device management, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Bring Your Own Device, Cloud computing, Device Management Forum, Enterprise mobility management, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program, Flooding the market, International mobile subscriber identity, Kiosk software, Mobile application management, Mobile content management, Mobile content management system, Mobile device, Mobile phone, Mobile security, Network security, Open Mobile Alliance, Open standard, Over-the-air programming, Point of sale, Rugged computer, Smart message, Software as a service, Subscriber identity module, Tablet computer, The SyncML Initiative, Windows Update:
Mobile device management Critical Criteria:
Design Mobile device management visions and get the big picture.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Mobile device management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are the usability implications of Mobile device management actions?
– Do we have past Mobile device management Successes?
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Critical Criteria:
Apply BlackBerry Enterprise Server governance and maintain BlackBerry Enterprise Server for success.
– When a Mobile device management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Do Mobile device management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Bring Your Own Device Critical Criteria:
Reason over Bring Your Own Device planning and pioneer acquisition of Bring Your Own Device systems.
– What is the source of the strategies for Mobile device management strengthening and reform?
– Does the Mobile device management task fit the clients priorities?
– What will drive Mobile device management change?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Use past Cloud computing failures and know what your objective is.
– Another critical success factor is that appropriate governance needs to be in place. That is, is an appropriate organizational structure in place to manage the organization facing the cloud computing solution?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– Have you considered what measures you will need to implement to ensure that the cloud provider complies with all applicable federal, state, and local privacy laws, including ferpa?
– How can you start to build to a position of trust and risk management when setting up cloud computing for your organization?
– Change in technology and prices over time: what will billing units be like for the higher-level virtualization clouds?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– What are the implications of cloud computing to enterprise application integration?
– what is the difference between an application service and an infrastructure service?
– Which cloud service model encompasses the complete cloud computing stack?
– Will Cloud Computing replace traditional dedicated server hosting?
– If your data is stored abroad whose foi policy do you adhere to?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– Networks that are flexible, well-performing, and secure?
– Resource provisioning algos in cloud computing?
– Can we accelerate DevOps with Hybrid Cloud?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
– How energy efficient is cloud computing?
– Cloud computing: could it cost more?
Device Management Forum Critical Criteria:
Focus on Device Management Forum tasks and display thorough understanding of the Device Management Forum process.
– Can we add value to the current Mobile device management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Will Mobile device management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How much does Mobile device management help?
Enterprise mobility management Critical Criteria:
Think about Enterprise mobility management planning and differentiate in coordinating Enterprise mobility management.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Mobile device management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Mobile device management processes?
– How is the value delivered by Mobile device management being measured?
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 Critical Criteria:
Graph Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 leadership and devote time assessing Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 and its risk.
– How likely is the current Mobile device management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How will you know that the Mobile device management project has been successful?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Mobile device management?
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program Critical Criteria:
Pilot Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program issues and innovate what needs to be done with Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Mobile device management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Have all basic functions of Mobile device management been defined?
– Are there Mobile device management problems defined?
Flooding the market Critical Criteria:
Rank Flooding the market quality and correct Flooding the market management by competencies.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Mobile device management leader?
– Do we all define Mobile device management in the same way?
International mobile subscriber identity Critical Criteria:
Differentiate International mobile subscriber identity management and gather International mobile subscriber identity models .
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Mobile device management?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Mobile device management requirements in detail?
– What threat is Mobile device management addressing?
Kiosk software Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Kiosk software strategies and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Kiosk software decisions.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Mobile device management is underway?
– Is there any existing Mobile device management governance structure?
Mobile application management Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Mobile application management tasks and grade techniques for implementing Mobile application management controls.
– Which customers cant participate in our Mobile device management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Mobile device management delivery for example is new software needed?
– How to deal with Mobile device management Changes?
Mobile content management Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Mobile content management tasks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Mobile content management because they lack skills.
– How can you negotiate Mobile device management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is Mobile device management Required?
Mobile content management system Critical Criteria:
Investigate Mobile content management system quality and find out what it really means.
– What are our needs in relation to Mobile device management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Mobile device management processes of our organization?
– Who needs to know about Mobile device management ?
Mobile device Critical Criteria:
Drive Mobile device goals and describe the risks of Mobile device sustainability.
– Imagine you work in the Human Resources department of a company considering a policy to protect its data on employees mobile devices. in advising on this policy, what rights should be considered?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Mobile device management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– Does the tool we use provide the ability for mobile devices to access critical portions of the management interface?
– To what extent does management recognize Mobile device management as a tool to increase the results?
– Can your bi solution quickly locate dashboard on your mobile device?
– Will your product work from a mobile device?
– How to Secure Mobile device management?
Mobile phone Critical Criteria:
Administer Mobile phone management and describe which business rules are needed as Mobile phone interface.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Mobile device management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Mobile device management leaders?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Mobile device management Management?
Mobile security Critical Criteria:
Map Mobile security adoptions and create Mobile security explanations for all managers.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Mobile device management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Are accountability and ownership for Mobile device management clearly defined?
– How will you measure your Mobile device management effectiveness?
Network security Critical Criteria:
Frame Network security visions and raise human resource and employment practices for Network security.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– In a project to restructure Mobile device management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Are the disaster recovery plan (DRP) and the business contingency plan (BCP) tested annually?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Mobile device management been identified and analyzed?
Open Mobile Alliance Critical Criteria:
Gauge Open Mobile Alliance visions and intervene in Open Mobile Alliance processes and leadership.
– Is Mobile device management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What is the purpose of Mobile device management in relation to the mission?
– How do we go about Securing Mobile device management?
Open standard Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Open standard risks and know what your objective is.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Mobile device management processes?
– Are we Assessing Mobile device management and Risk?
Over-the-air programming Critical Criteria:
Boost Over-the-air programming decisions and pay attention to the small things.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Mobile device management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Mobile device management activities?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Understand Point of sale adoptions and develop and take control of the Point of sale initiative.
– Do those selected for the Mobile device management team have a good general understanding of what Mobile device management is all about?
– Is the Mobile device management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Rugged computer Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Rugged computer strategies and track iterative Rugged computer results.
– what is the best design framework for Mobile device management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do we Improve Mobile device management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Why are Mobile device management skills important?
Smart message Critical Criteria:
Unify Smart message tactics and find out.
– Do the Mobile device management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Mobile device management objectives?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Investigate Software as a service decisions and summarize a clear Software as a service focus.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Mobile device management? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– Can we do Mobile device management without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Why should we adopt a Mobile device management framework?
Subscriber identity module Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Subscriber identity module projects and shift your focus.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Mobile device management values?
– How can skill-level changes improve Mobile device management?
Tablet computer Critical Criteria:
Confer re Tablet computer visions and arbitrate Tablet computer techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Mobile device management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we measure improved Mobile device management service perception, and satisfaction?
– How important is Mobile device management to the user organizations mission?
The SyncML Initiative Critical Criteria:
Interpolate The SyncML Initiative tasks and create a map for yourself.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Mobile device management?
– Have you identified your Mobile device management key performance indicators?
Windows Update Critical Criteria:
Categorize Windows Update visions and devise Windows Update key steps.
– What are the business goals Mobile device management is aiming to achieve?
– How can you measure Mobile device management in a systematic way?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Mobile Device Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Mobile device management External links:
Mobile Device Management – CDW.com
http://Ad · CDW.com/MDM
Mobile Device Management
http://Ad · www.manageengine.com/MDM
Mobile Device Management – CDW.com
http://Ad · CDW.com/MDM
BlackBerry Enterprise Server External links:
Blackberry Enterprise Server – shop2.sprint.com
Bring Your Own Device External links:
Bring Your Own Device FAQs | Kindred Healthcare
Bring Your Own Device Program | Kindred Healthcare
Bring your own device setup guide | T-Mobile Support
Cloud computing External links:
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
Amazon Web Services certification – Cloud Computing …
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Device Management Forum External links:
Mobile Device Management Forum – 10times
MQTT Archives – Device Management Forum
Home Page – Device Management Forum
Enterprise mobility management External links:
Enterprise Mobility Management | EMM | VMware
Enterprise Mobility Management – Sprint Business
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 External links:
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, …
Flooding the market External links:
Sleep tech is flooding the market. Here’s how it works
Damaged cars flooding the market | Reading Eagle – MONEY
Storm-Damaged Vehicles Flooding the Market | WHNT.com
International mobile subscriber identity External links:
International mobile subscriber identity – YouTube
International mobile subscriber identity
http://The International Mobile Subscriber Identity or IMSI /ˈɪmziː/ is used to identify the user of a cellular network and is a unique identification associated with all cellular networks. It is stored as a 64 bit field and is sent by the phone to the network.
CSRC – Glossary – International Mobile Subscriber Identity
Kiosk software External links:
Kiosk Software – Capterra
KioWare Kiosk Software – Home | Facebook
Kiosk Software for Windows – KioskSimple Kiosk Software
Mobile application management External links:
Mobile Application Management with Microsoft Intune – YouTube
Mobile Application Management | VMware
Mobile content management External links:
Mobile Content Management | OnBase Core Platform …
Mobile Content Management – MCM Software | MobileIron
Mobile Content Management & EFSS – Blackberry
Mobile content management system External links:
Mobile Content Management System – google.com
Mobile device External links:
Restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) on Windows
T-Mobile Device Unlock app | T-Mobile Support
Download Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 …
Mobile phone External links:
Mobile Banking | Mobile Phone Banking | U.S. Bank
Confirm Your Email or Mobile Phone Number | Facebook …
See shopping results for mobile phone
Mobile security External links:
Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus – Apps on Google Play
Norton Mobile Security
The Arlo Go Mobile Security Camera uses Verizon’s 4G LTE network to supply HD live streams or cloud-stored recordings.
Network security External links:
What is Network Security? Webopedia Definition
Home Network Security | Trend Micro
Firewall Management Software | Network Security …
Open Mobile Alliance External links:
Open Mobile Alliance (@OpenMobileA) | Twitter
Open Mobile Alliance – Registries
Open Mobile Alliance – Home | Facebook
Open standard External links:
HPD Open Standard – HPD Collaborative
Open Standard/Open Source Flashcards | Quizlet
Over-the-air programming External links:
International Truck – Over-The-Air Programming – YouTube
Over-the-Air Programming | International® Trucks
Point of sale External links:
Toast | Restaurant Point of Sale & Management System
iPad POS System: TouchBistro Restaurant Point of Sale
Paladin Point of Sale Homepage – Paladin Point of Sale
Rugged computer External links:
Rugged Computer Specifications, Tests & Standards | …
Rugged Computer System Sales Representatives
Rugged Computer Systems – Germane Systems
Smart message External links:
Smart Message for Mobile Marketing – YouTube
GitHub – dotCtor/jQuery.msgBox: A smart message …
SMART Message – Official Site
Software as a service External links:
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
SaaS: Software as a Service – Salesforce
DENTAWEB Software as a service
Subscriber identity module External links:
What is subscriber identity module? Webopedia Definition
Subscriber Identity Module – Home | Facebook
Tablet computer External links:
Samsung Galaxy Book: Windows Tablet Computer | …
Touchscreen Tablet Computer for Seniors
Amazon.com : 2016 High Performance RCA Galileo Pro 11.5″ 32GB Touchscreen Tablet Computer with Keyboard Case Quad-Core 1.3Ghz Processor 1G …
Windows Update External links:
How to turn off Windows Update in Windows 10